Home

Hardest team to rebuild?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Hardest team to rebuild?

Steve Smith has already cleared out his locker bro. Hes gone
Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #34
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
Mr. Irrelevant Shockey? OKAY he didn't do much with a GREAT QB in Drew Brees.

Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers make any team good. Both delt with crazy injuries and still had great seasons. even THEN top 5 is questionable. Pats, Saints, Eagles, Falcons, and even the Chiefs. and in this PERFECT world you've made, then all teams would have a healthy team and a star QB lol. Bad argument.
Is the guy being terribly optimisitc about our offense with a decent QB? YES! However, he's got you nailed to the wall on a lot of points.

Charles Johnson, Deangelo Williams, and Thomas Davis all have an excellent chance of remaining in Carolina. They've all expressed desire to be there, and they all have questions marks that will keep them from being massive FAs. Johnson for now is a one year wonder, Williams has injury problems, and so does Thomas Davis. Johnson and Davis I think will be easier to keep than D'Will, but I honestly you are really stretching it thinking these guys won't be Panthers.

Outside of that who else is going to leave? Anderson? The guy is good, but he's not going to demand top flight NFL LBer money, so it shouldn't be that hard to retain him. Carolina's biggest question marks on D remain replacing an self over-rated Richard Marshall and shoring up the interior of the defensive line.

Offensively the Panthers aren't in bad shape if they retain Smith. If Newton can put together a half-way decent rookie season Carolina could end up at .500 or slightly above.

Last year can be attributed both to the coaching staff and to Jimmy Clausen. Clausen was flat out bad, and there is no covering it up. It just doesn't have it in the NFL, you could just watch him and see it. Combine that with a Panthers coaching staff that had been given their date of termination at the end of the 2009 Season and you've got a team pretty much in shambles as far as leadership and game planning goes.

Carolina didn't fail last year because they weren't talented enough. They failed because they didn't have a coaching staff or a QB.

Carolina's offense should improve immensely this year no matter who ends up at the QB spot as long as it's not Clausen. A cohesive gameplan and a prepared team will eliminate the mistakes that cost us drives and games last year, and dare a I say David Gettis will will truly emerge as a #2 WR for the Panthers. I don't know about LaFell or anyone in the slot, I just know, and agree that Gettis will be the real deal as a #2.

Shockey doesn't add a game changing ability to the Panthers, but he is a set of reliable hands and he can still get some yards after the catch against many of the leagues LBers still. I fully expect Donte Rosario or Gary Barnidge to fill his shoes if he goes down to injury, or in the following year.

In Madden Carolina will be one of the most dangerous teams right away thanks to a user controlled Cam Newton, and finally having a starting TE that is a threat to catch and run. Combine that with Steve Smith and one of the most dangerous RB tandems in the league and Carolina is going to be a hated team online this year. I know for a fact I'll be running with Barnidge as my #2 TE, and will cause some havoc in two TE sets.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #35
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

49ers are simple. Start Kapernick. Unlike Newton he's got some decent targets.

I'm picking the Browns this year,looking over the team they're more equipped for Call of Duty with a tank and gun (colt,get it?) than Madden. Badly need a WR and most of the D needs help. Have a nice TE and a deep threat that's 3rd string at best but otherwise need some pick ups. I'll be playing with the best D is a good O and try to use the clock as the defense. Though they must have money(?),they can't be paying anyone much at the moment and there should be some good FAs available at the current rate so it might be easier than expected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #36
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm sorry, did everyone forget who Steve Smith is?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #37
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
The guy that cleaned out his locker and walked out on the team just before the draft? or are you implying sign the other Steve Smith that's probably going to end up a FA in game?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 AM   #38
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Washington.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I'm sorry but have you forgotten that the panthers were the worst team in the NFL last season? They weren't one piece away from having a championship team...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

My vote for hardest team is a tie between the browns and the bills. The browns really have so little pieces in place. Plus a new head coach, offensive scheme, defensive scheme. The few good things is the amount of young players they have and I'm sure they have plenty of CAP space. Both teams could have some interesting rebuilds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »