Home

Hardest team to rebuild?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #65
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hardest team to rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
You mean like Ponder? LOL
The Ponder pick is so full of fail and aids it isn't even funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #66
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
You mean like Ponder? LOL
You guys are quite salty. Besides, I never said the vikings were a 7 to 8 win team.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #67
Rookie

cnowak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder_DG
lol he threw more passes to fans in the third row then he did to players in uniform and you think he's going to have a better career then Newton....
Let me start out by saying I am not a Panthers fan nor a Panthers *****. But Cam Newton reminds alot of a certain QB out of Oregon I believe that came out of nowhere and got drafted really high by the Bengals and ended up not having a very long or very good NFL career, his name: Akili Smith. So yes Clausen will have a better career than Newton because he is by far the better QB. But to no avail he will have to get out of Carolina to do it!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #68
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnowak
Let me start out by saying I am not a Panthers fan nor a Panthers *****. But Cam Newton reminds alot of a certain QB out of Oregon I believe that came out of nowhere and got drafted really high by the Bengals and ended up not having a very long or very good NFL career, his name: Akili Smith. So yes Clausen will have a better career than Newton because he is by far the better QB. But to no avail he will have to get out of Carolina to do it!
Oh you've got to be kidding.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #69
Rookie

cnowak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Oh you've got to be kidding.
No I am not kidding. Who had heard of Cam Newton before this season? When its all said and done the best QB from this draft is going to be Jake Locker. Newton, seriously reminds me of Akili Smith or JaMarcus Russell. I really feel like the Panthers made a mistake by taking Newton #1 overall. If he turns out to be a beast then that's awesome for the Panthers. But I think he will be at best a journeyman QB once his speed is no longer the asset it is now, but I believe he'll be out of the league in about the same time Smith and Russell were.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #70
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnowak
No I am not kidding. Who had heard of Cam Newton before this season? When its all said and done the best QB from this draft is going to be Jake Locker. Newton, seriously reminds me of Akili Smith or JaMarcus Russell. I really feel like the Panthers made a mistake by taking Newton #1 overall. If he turns out to be a beast then that's awesome for the Panthers. But I think he will be at best a journeyman QB once his speed is no longer the asset it is now, but I believe he'll be out of the league in about the same time Smith and Russell were.
Cam Newton was a huge recruit to Florida. Was famous when he stole a laptop and got kicked off the team. Then he transferred to a JUCO, won the National Championship there, then went to Auburn and won the National Championship there as well as the Heisman. He put up amazing numbers at both schools.

If that's not enough for you I don't know what it is. Especially doing what he did in the hardest conference in NCAA.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #71
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
LOL.

Good? Sure. The best in the NFL? Not even close.
Care to name a a better all around unit??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
If that's not enough for you I don't know what it is.
Well... it would be enough for me if he had shown at least a shred of what I'd like to see in an NFL QB, which he hasn't.

I wouldn't even mention JUCO because that simply doesn't matter at all, not for one second. If he was a huge recruit... doesn't matter either, that was years ago. He's played in the most gimmicky offense college has ever known, so no his stats don't matter either, as far as NFL success is concerned, anyway.

What he HASN'T shown so far is that he can make consecutive reads in the pocket. That he can stay calm under pressure and make a good throw into a tight window. How he faces true adversity when playing on a team that may well suck for his first season, because, wherever he played, he was on a winning team. How may he like playing on a Panthers team that goes 4-12, maybe not even starting right away or getting benched after a couple weeks? Will he still like his status as an "icon or entertainer" then?

I'm sorry, I'm not saying Cam Newton will bust with absolutely certainty, but yes, right now I think he's definitely more likely to bust than to hit because he hasn't done a single thing in his career so far to make me think he will succeed on the next level, especially considering the situation he's in now because people will expect him to produce right away, without even an offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »