Home

Madden 12 - 49ers Helmets (WRONG EMBLEM)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 - 49ers Helmets (WRONG EMBLEM) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Madden 12 - 49ers Helmets (WRONG EMBLEM)

So, unless EA knows something we don't, they got the 49ers emblem wrong on their helmets. The emblems the 49ers have used for the past MANY years have a ring of gold between the red oval and the outer black ring. The OLD 49ers emblem just went from the red oval to the black ring.

Looking at the 49ers videos PastaPadre has posted, the 49ers in their current uniforms have the old emblem on their helmets, missing the gold ring.

Not a huge issue, but one that makes you scratch your head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden 12 - 49ers Helmets (WRONG EMBLEM)

Well, the 49ers classic/throwback helmet didn't have the inner gold ring. It's possible that the classic helmet was chosen in those videos.

EDIT: I doubt adembroski would allow such a mistake.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

yes, the logo is wrong. In Madden 11 they had it right however. The logo with the golden ring.

Also they still show a portrait of Vernon Davis with long hair. How old is this portrait? He has had short hair for a while now...
Old 06-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Well, the 49ers classic/throwback helmet didn't have the inner gold ring. It's possible that the classic helmet was chosen in those videos.

EDIT: I doubt adembroski would allow such a mistake.
I hadn't thought about someone selecting the classic helmet intentionally with the current uniform, though its possible. I do think there was another 49ers vid showing the same thing however.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
Also they still show a portrait of Vernon Davis with long hair. How old is this portrait? He has had short hair for a while now...
I would think they can update this easy, if Vernon is willing to sit down and have his picture re-taken. They added undrafted FAs last year with new pictures as the year went on, I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

dont feel to bad they got the lions end zone and midfield logo the wrong color as well as the rookie of the year ndamukong suh cyberface is generic
go fig that one out but the got colt mcCoy cyberface oh wait he is a qb that explaines it. after i buy the game i am going to see what percentage of the players actually have real faces my guess is 35 percent. imagine playing nba 2k 11 with 35 percent of the actual faces lol good thing there wearing helmets.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

they need to fix this!!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Chill out guys the build at E3 was only the alpha build and if you watch the chiefs 49ers videos that Madscientist06 posted on Youtube you will see that Davis' hair is short now. Also you can edit appearance this year, in franchise too.

Here's the video at 0:37 you can see Davis close up from behind, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmKXU...el_video_title

I know this picture is small, but this was taken from that video

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-12-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »