Home

So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen....

This is a discussion on So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen....

How are you guys feeling about the game? I for one am very impressed, I think this exceeds my expectations and its still just the Alpha build I'm seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: So now that we've seen some HD videos of Madden 12 off screen....

Don't know how I am going to be able to play NCAA whilst waiting for Madden.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Don't know how I am going to be able to play NCAA whilst waiting for Madden.
Yeah I know and NCAA doesn't look bad it's just Madden looks great.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

Animation look really good in NCAA. But the player models and especially the helmets look really good in Madden. I have not been this pumped for Madden in years. I am a graphic whore first and this game is really feeding that need.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Animation look really good in NCAA. But the player models and especially the helmets look really good in Madden. I have not been this pumped for Madden in years. I am a graphic whore first and this game is really feeding that need.
That's where I'm at. I like NCAA, but when I look at all of the filling cutscenes, the quality of the banners, intros and all in Madden, it just makes NCAA look kind of empty and full of holes by comparison. Gameplay and on-field animations are a push, for me. I'm leaning towards Madden only. The Online Dynasty isn't something I really do, and if they do have a solid Franchise mode in Madden, that'll be enough to get my through till Fifa and NBA2k. I'm about 95% sold on Madden, based on everything from E3, it would have to be a pretty big bombshell to make me change my mind.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 49

I said this once before on here, but I still feel like its the exact same game with a fresh paint job. Some of the presentation upgrades are great, and the touch up in graphics is there....problem is very little other then suction was fixed in terms of gameplay. There are so many huge issues still, and many folks just seam to be focused on the graphics/presentation. While I am a HUGE graphics and presentation nut....I can't help but feel the games going to get old fast, and have that same old feel from day one.

I say if you loved Maden 10-11, then Madden 12 will be a fantastic game for you. If you didn't, I still say you get bored quickly, and all the gameplay flaws quickly come to mind.

I think if EA puts the same effort in improvements to other areas such as gameplay next year, it will be a MUCH more desired product for me. I appreciate the upgrade this year, which is far better then most years of Madden releases this gen, but I just don't feel its worth my $60 for what looks to me to be the same experience.

Madden 12 still looks like a game of arcade football IMO.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-12-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I said this once before on here, but I still feel like its the exact same game with a fresh paint job. Some of the presentation upgrades are great, and the touch up in graphics is there....problem is very little other then suction was fixed in terms of gameplay. There are so many huge issues still, and many folks just seam to be focused on the graphics/presentation. While I am a HUGE graphics and presentation nut....I can't help but feel the games going to get old fast, and have that same old feel from day one.

I say if you loved Maden 10-11, then Madden 12 will be a fantastic game for you. If you didn't, I still say you get bored quickly, and all the gameplay flaws quickly come to mind.

I think if EA puts the same effort in improvements to other areas such as gameplay next year, it will be a MUCH more desired product for me. I appreciate the upgrade this year, which is far better then most years of Madden releases this gen, but I just don't feel its worth my $60 for what looks to me to be the same experience.

Madden 12 still looks like a game of arcade football IMO.
Your entitled to your opinion, but one thing that seems to get mentioned time and time again by people who have played the game is that it just FEELS better. Which is obviously something we're not really going to be able to sense from the videos.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

the day prorgression is a fantastic! finally! (looks a bit fast but likely just be *shown off*)

you can really see those 700+ new camera's at work...from the coin toss to intros to TD celebrations...the camera work is an absolute thing of beauty...it really adds to the immersion.

not sure how one can say this is a fresh coat of paint (they're likely driving some kind of agenda)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »