Home

Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

This is a discussion on Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
The problem with adding botched snaps and handoffs is that there wouldn't be a way for the user to have any control over it. I'm all for adding stuff like that to penalize my if I mess something up, but if it's just random luck then they just need to leave it out.

Thats how it is in real life, do you honestly think that centers or QBs muff hikes or hand offs at will? This is something that would occur under duress, bad weather, or just one of those things that happens from time to time. But if EA wants to be true to the game and all, then they really have to do everything they can to have most if not all these little aspects as part of the game.

I think it would make the longevity of this game that much longer to the avg player who only balls during football season.

I would also like to see a realtime leaderboard scroll at the bottome of my screen when im in my online franchise mode keeping me upto date on not just scores, but on who is the leading passer, rusher and tackler for the day and all.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
The problem with adding botched snaps and handoffs is that there wouldn't be a way for the user to have any control over it. I'm all for adding stuff like that to penalize my if I mess something up, but if it's just random luck then they just need to leave it out.
I take the point. It is a question of the philosophy of the game. If we're to have a realistic franchise with QB's getting rattled and running backs fumbling more often based on DPP. Then why shouldn't that apply to center QB exchanges, or low awareness players doing he wrong thing. If a rookie WR runs every route perfectly and a low skills center never makes a mistake then it doesn't matter, similarly if low awareness linemen never false start in hostile noisy environments then the concept of building a good (and deep ) team is diminished. So it can't be random luck, it has to be based on ratings.

Maybe I'm going down a blind alley here.

Last edited by Johnny_Rep; 06-13-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I wouldn't say any athlete really plans on snapping over the punter heads, or a QB plans to fumble a snap or any random misfortune. It just happens due to different things like, skills, composure, weather, crowd atmosphere etc. So random would be nice if but tie somekind of rating to it where a ratio or something could determine it or something I dont really know but I would like to see a lot of these things that have been listed above.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Its already in madden 11, I dont have footage of this but there is a horscallar tackle and when it happens, you fumble most of the time as the tackler rides you back but he has you by the collar from behind like in a rodeo.

I see it happen quite a few times in my games and I always wanted to comment on if and when we will see a flag for this.

Also, the facemasking penalties in plain sight dont even get called while the ones you be like "wtf, I didnt see no face mask" ends up being called more than the blatant ones. but ill add some of my onw that should be in the game.

1) Penalty for running out of bounds and coming back in being the first to touch the ball. I see alot of cheat/cheesers doing this online and getting away with it.

2) Offensive Pass Interference doesnt get call at all along with defensive aswell

3) Mis-Communication when calling an audible... This should really be in the game as there are too many people who audible way too much with the time they have in this game. Someone has to be confused thru all that.

4) Too many players on the field, its nice to be able to change personell during the play call screen and at this time you "are" in the huddle. So why dont we see players scrambling to get off the field when there number is called or a last sec change to create some type of tactic or mismatch. I think it would add a nice element to the game if done right.

5) Long Snapper over Snaps the Kicker, pretty much self explanatory

6) CG cutscenes of players injured during the game, I would love to see video footage of a follow up to the injury either from the reporter reporting from the sidelines or in the locker room with the player. Also I would like to add the re-introduction of the injured player back into the game after a stint in the locker room making his way back out with the crowd going nuts.

But one can dream cant he
Some good stuff here. I really like 4, 3. 1, they should just fix.
I'd love to actually be able to see who is on the defense too. A few online guys move Revis over to right corner. Clever but the QB should know.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rep
I take the point. It is a question of the philosophy of the game. If we're to have a realistic franchise with QB's getting rattled and running backs fumbling more often based on DPP. Then why shouldn't that apply to center QB exchanges, or low awareness players doing he wrong thing. If a rookie WR runs every route perfectly low skills center never makes a mistake then it doesn't matter, similarly if low awareness linemen never false start in hostile noisy environments then the concept of building a good (and deep ) team is diminished. So it can't be random luck, it has to be based on ratings.

Maybe I'm going down a blind alley here.
I think you guys changed how I look at this actually... After rethinking a bit I think it could be ok if it was done right. I just see it as a feature they hype up and overdo, but if not overdone I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Let's just start with the basics here.

1. Penalties - It's the only NFL licensed game, there is no excuse for it not to have all of the real penalties of the NFL. Ineligible man downfield, illegal touching, correct intentional grounding, PI, illegal contact and illegal forward pass. This one is a massive problem area for me. This always brings Madden's quality rating down several notches for me every year.

2. Challenge System - This one needs little to no explanation. The challenge system in Madden is horrid.

3. Defensive End Moves - Need to see the defensive ends actually making real edge moves to get to the QB to form a REAL pocket. This has improved somewhat over the years, but not where it needs to be at all. I want to see the DEs leaning in on the tackle struggling to get around him. Instead, I see the DEs run in an arc and go head on with the tackle most of the time. I'm hoping that this is improved for 12/13.

4. Commentary - Hate to sound negative, but this is just embarrassingly bad. No banter between the commentators, no telestrator and no recording together. Awful.

5. Passing - QBs have to set their feet to make an accurate throw. They also cannot get zip on a pass that goes across their body and across the field when running in the opposite direction. This is just plain ridiculous. If I use a mobile QB, I can run backwards faster than defenders can run forward and I can then instantly launch a 65 yard bomb. I do not see that on Sundays.

Those are my main pain points. The game has come a long way on this generation after an absolute disaster for the last 6 years. M12 looks to be a compelling game with still a little ways to go to get back to even ground. Hope these items get addressed as they are football basics in my opinion.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Let's just start with the basics here.

1. Penalties - It's the only NFL licensed game, there is no excuse for it not to have all of the real penalties of the NFL. Ineligible man downfield, illegal touching, correct intentional grounding, PI, illegal contact and illegal forward pass. This one is a massive problem area for me. This always brings Madden's quality rating down several notches for me every year.

2. Challenge System - This one needs little to no explanation. The challenge system in Madden is horrid.

3. Defensive End Moves - Need to see the defensive ends actually making real edge moves to get to the QB to form a REAL pocket. This has improved somewhat over the years, but not where it needs to be at all. I want to see the DEs leaning in on the tackle struggling to get around him. Instead, I see the DEs run in an arc and go head on with the tackle most of the time. I'm hoping that this is improved for 12/13.

4. Commentary - Hate to sound negative, but this is just embarrassingly bad. No banter between the commentators, no telestrator and no recording together. Awful.

5. Passing - QBs have to set their feet to make an accurate throw. They also cannot get zip on a pass that goes across their body and across the field when running in the opposite direction. This is just plain ridiculous. If I use a mobile QB, I can run backwards faster than defenders can run forward and I can then instantly launch a 65 yard bomb. I do not see that on Sundays.

Those are my main pain points. The game has come a long way on this generation after an absolute disaster for the last 6 years. M12 looks to be a compelling game with still a little ways to go to get back to even ground. Hope these items get addressed as they are football basics in my opinion.
I know #4 should, Phil stated that they implemented FIFA's sound technology and we should be hearing upgrades on commentary in the upcoming Maddens.

Agree big time with the others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
[/b]

Thats how it is in real life, do you honestly think that centers or QBs muff hikes or hand offs at will? This is something that would occur under duress, bad weather, or just one of those things that happens from time to time. But if EA wants to be true to the game and all, then they really have to do everything they can to have most if not all these little aspects as part of the game.

I think it would make the longevity of this game that much longer to the avg player who only balls during football season.

I would also like to see a realtime leaderboard scroll at the bottome of my screen when im in my online franchise mode keeping me upto date on not just scores, but on who is the leading passer, rusher and tackler for the day and all.

You're right, but at the same time given the history of the fanchise and most other sports games, items like these tend to be abused. If some of those items were added it would only occur when it was most convenient for the CPU or it would occur way too often. Not to mention all of the pre-teen kids that would cry and complain about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »