Home

Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

This is a discussion on Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Let's just start with the basics here.

1. Penalties - It's the only NFL licensed game, there is no excuse for it not to have all of the real penalties of the NFL. Ineligible man downfield, illegal touching, correct intentional grounding, PI, illegal contact and illegal forward pass. This one is a massive problem area for me. This always brings Madden's quality rating down several notches for me every year.

2. Challenge System - This one needs little to no explanation. The challenge system in Madden is horrid.

3. Defensive End Moves - Need to see the defensive ends actually making real edge moves to get to the QB to form a REAL pocket. This has improved somewhat over the years, but not where it needs to be at all. I want to see the DEs leaning in on the tackle struggling to get around him. Instead, I see the DEs run in an arc and go head on with the tackle most of the time. I'm hoping that this is improved for 12/13.

4. Commentary - Hate to sound negative, but this is just embarrassingly bad. No banter between the commentators, no telestrator and no recording together. Awful.

5. Passing - QBs have to set their feet to make an accurate throw. They also cannot get zip on a pass that goes across their body and across the field when running in the opposite direction. This is just plain ridiculous. If I use a mobile QB, I can run backwards faster than defenders can run forward and I can then instantly launch a 65 yard bomb. I do not see that on Sundays.

Those are my main pain points. The game has come a long way on this generation after an absolute disaster for the last 6 years. M12 looks to be a compelling game with still a little ways to go to get back to even ground. Hope these items get addressed as they are football basics in my opinion.

Absolutely. I'd say all these should take priority over anything I've written. Right handed QB rolling to the left and making perfect passes - 'No thanks'. All I was trying to do was add depth, to the franchise mode and the game.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rep

5. Intentional grounding penalties. These are clearly defined in the rulebook but completely ignored in Madden. It’s frustrating to hit the quarterback see the ball float away nowhere near anyone and it’s never called.
Johnny, not gonna tear you to shreds, but just wanted to mention that if a QB is hit and the ball floats away, that shouldn't be intentional grounding. now if he's being chased and in the process of being tackled he throws it in the dirt, then that should be a penalty (as long as he's in the pocket).
Old 06-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think mistakes on offense should be in the game. The other game had them, I think it's about time Madden had them too. If done right and not the "Tiburon" way it could definitely add to the experience.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

Tattoos, hello? I think america can handle seeing some tats. The NFL doesn't force the players to cover them up on sundays, why do they insist that they be taken out of Madden?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
Tattoos, hello? I think america can handle seeing some tats. The NFL doesn't force the players to cover them up on sundays, why do they insist that they be taken out of Madden?
Tattoo's were so madden 05-06 on PS2, its post like these that get me out of the anticipation for madden mood (not knocking the guy I quoted) just by the context of these posts and I have flashbacks to the glory days when there were so little complaints or wants with the game back then.

I still have hope for madden in the near future (1-2yrs) that it will have all the bells and whistles of that of the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
Johnny, not gonna tear you to shreds, but just wanted to mention that if a QB is hit and the ball floats away, that shouldn't be intentional grounding. now if he's being chased and in the process of being tackled he throws it in the dirt, then that should be a penalty (as long as he's in the pocket).
Fair enough, but we have this situation in Madden where the ball floats away, sometimes near nobody (and sometimes behind the line of scrimmage). Is it a pass? If so why can't intentional grounding be called? If it isn't a pass, is it a fumble? Well no, it's not recoverable, so is it the tuck rule? Well possibly except that it happens several times a game. If these things can be caught (and they sometimes are) surely they are passes? I saw one the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oE9SwwW04

Here at 1:42. What is that, a pass, a fumble or a tuck? I don't see what else it can be?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

great post but there are a few more

the game does not have all the penalties
and you do not see 2 penalties called at the same time and you decide what one to take that happens so many times in real football madden sliders do not work let alone they need to fix them add the ones that are not in the game.
and lastly have more than 1 called on a play like off setting ones or refs who pick up the flag and change there mind and say no penalty human error or time clock errors like when they say please reset the clock to da da da because the clock man did not stop the clock.

what about trade offers from cpu teams or mid season firings
what about helmets that pop off
what about a espn style power pole
what about fatigue that actually resembles the human condition
having your player start the 4th with full energy is not true to our species
and if they going to spam us with advertising why not mention like verizon and then cut to a stadium external view like a tv broadcast does from time to time.

weather that actually starts and stops add fog like ncaa i still remember the eagles and bears playoff game back in the 90s and there was so much fog you could not see the players very well.

players who get off the field to get equipment fixes or players who go to the locker room for x-rays.
some sidline reporting would be nice as well.

they should allso have coach cut scenes calling the plays by hand signals when there is head set problems rare of course but i remeber when one teams head sets do not work the others are forced not to use there's as well

the game that is played in london should be in there
also in game pictures and videos should be able to save them to facebook
to show off your franchise.

come up with some sort of point system for players who win lose games playoff wins super bowl wins TDS int rushing yards where they add up so that when your players retire if they acumulate enough points they can be inducted into the hall of fame would make franchise more interesting.

stadium lights that are off during day games and turned on at night games instead of them always being on. the ability to have low crowd attendance
and full.

have every teams individual records shown on your team page and have the anouncers reconize you breaking them.

trade offers should come threw e-mail or pda or cell phone

PA anouncers who shout out other game scores during your gamesand have the crowd react to it if the anouce your rivals winning like a big booo
a more dynamic crowd like the show 11

all this talk of dpp and the word confidence why not have in game replacement by the coaching staff for bad play the word benched or benching lol.

the playbook system needs to be overhauled
and the game banners need to fade out once the ball is hiked and re appear once the play is over they do not realize there banners give image retention and sometimes burn in because there constant for plazma tv owners.

and instead of having the the play book across the middle of the screen blocking all those nice cute scenes have it on the end going up and down go vertical and on each end there only 3 boxes anyways.

how about a real noticeable difference in ball speed from the qbs once they throw the ball and the shape and size of your ball is off a little to big and it is not shaped right.

do they not have camera's on the field goal posts ? to tell if it was good or bad.
the ability to run into the ref and the ref who gets replaced because they got hurt.

you should be rewarded with playing the senior bowl east west shrine game and north south game when you purchase both madden and ncaa series you unlock those three games to be able to play and scout them for the up coming draft a bonus way to unlock more players as well as ea sells more games.

Last edited by Pringles; 06-13-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

• Franchise - Off field actions. Suspensions such as DUI, testing positive for growth supplements, etc. This would be a nice touch for franchise mode and would give even more life to the mode.
  • PLAYER SPECIFIC ANIMATIONS!! I can't stress this enough. NBA2k11 has a large amount of player specific animations. It is time Madden mo-caps many of these players running animations, throwing animations, and stances for linebackers and corners
  • ESPN Weekly highlight and league news!!! This needs no explaining, it was done in 04 and with the ESPN license should be better than last gen without a doubt.
  • Dynamic weather that changes in the middle of play. Rain becoming heavier, fog becoming thicker, snow getting heavy and lighter in the middle of play. Sunny weather turning to clouds then rain shower while playing
  • Real time injuries!
  • Foot planting and better running system. The current system needs a lot of work, there is far to much floating while rotating and turning. This system has not changed in many many years. This is a key element of football and will make drastic difference in look of the fluidity and realism of the gameplay.

Last edited by Phobia; 06-13-2011 at 01:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »