Home

Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

This is a discussion on Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I would love anything added that doesn't include the player just laying there and looking the same for every injury. Especially when they start to get up and just roll over and hold their tummy's like they got a tummy ache. Looks dumb, especially when they stand up then warp to the ground like that.
Agreed, It gets boring and dull looking at someone getting injured (08) and holding there wrist but they're limping and come to find out its just a leg cramp or some dumb crap that the animation or cutscene doesnt compensate for.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
To keep with the OP's number 4, this is something that would be fantastic with DPP. All you need to do is give each stadium a trait or two that would directly affect stats or events.

So for example, Mile High would be "opposing team stamina drops 10% faster", or at Qwest you may have "If fake snap used, x% increased chance of false start." Certain stadia's advantages would only come into play at certain times of the year or effect both teams e.g. Lambeau might be "In December / January games, Packers catch / carry decreases 5%, opponents decreases 10%".

You could go on with this all day - think about the quagmire of Heinz Field, or the Miami / Tampa white kits to capitalise on the heat issues, or Dallas's +5% to injuries and annoyed fans (I keed, I keed).

So why mention DDP? Because certain traits could be based on your home field records and evolve over weeks or more likely years. You start getting 6-2 at home every year at least? Here's the Fortress trait for you. Start making the playoffs go through your house every year? Add Playoff Powerhouse to the traits. Similarly, you start stinking it up, and that can quickly become a House of Cards. Make fans stadium traits, and fans affect players. Boo Boys start hacking into the stats of players with confidence less than three, Fair Weather Fans need winning records or strong wins to matter, or Rabid Fanbase inspires the team at clutch moments. Can't sell out a stadium? The Blackout trait eats a couple of percent off any "spectacular" ratings (no fans to perform to) and home field advantage is erased.

Add the idea of owner mode features back in, and suddenly the ideas of how and where you build your stadium matter....

And all it would take is a list of modifier traits (which if they can do it for 22 players at a time shouldn't be too hard for one more factor). It's what I've always believed for a good sports sim - include lots of RPG elements, make them matter, but hide them under the hood.
This is quite brilliant. Great idea. Fits in exactly with the idea of home field advantage I was droning on about earlier but gives a a logic too it. You'd really feel like winning in Denver was difficult in these circumstances.

Clutch moments too. A rabid Ravens fanbase needing a stop on third and one.

But making it deeper, to accommodate records, streaks etc. No need to go over the top with it. Combine that with the odd busted play and audibles going wrong, I love it.

Even down to the choice of Jersey in hot climates.

I'd love to see some seriously windy days too where the ball is actually affected. It would be great if you had to run the ball 45 times if you had a weak armed QB because he couldn't hit anything more than ten or fifteen yards. Or wet weather when even reliable receivers drop the ball and the quarterback can't get as much on it. It would change the game. Each game would feel like a new challenge rather than all feeling very similar.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 18

6 Things You See on Sunday But Not in Madden.

1) Dynamic Halftime/Post-game/Weekly Highlight Shows with around the league video and analysis. Have segments that talk about specific team performances. Players stories. Playoff Picture. Injuries. Trades and Free Agents. Bring the league to life.

2) Out of Town Updates & Game Breaks. Scores from other games in our leagues being playing "live" at the same time should have constant updates running along a ticker. Cut to highlights from other games in the league as they happen (or at least an option to do so.)

3) In depth Commentary Analysis. How often do you see controversial or close plays being shown over and over from different angles in slow motion while the announcers give their two cents on what they think. That being said, a natural sounding commentary that is truly aware of the situation needs to be implimented.

4) Game/Player Recaps. Lets see summary highlights from our game that tell the story of where we are currently at. A quick rundown of the big plays so far as we get later in the game. Highlight big performers and show what they have done with highlights and analysis. To take this idea even further, showcase players that are having good seasons with highlights from their past game(s).

5) Booth Segments / Introductions. If you really want to go all out on broadcast and show us everything we see on Sunday, then have the commentators in the press box introduce the game. Make it dynamic so it doesnt get old. (goes hand-in-hand with dynamic commentary).

6) Sideline Interaction. You see cameramen, coaches and other players getting hit and interacting with plays all the time in the NFL. Make sidelines come alive and not just a backdrop to frame the field.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd love to just see my quarterback use a hard count & get a defensive lineman to jump offisides. Only thing a hard count seems to do is draw a false start penalty on my own team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »