Home

Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

This is a discussion on Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

A few ideas about six things you see on a Sunday but seldom or never see in Madden.

Some of these are gameplay related some just part of the atmosphere.

DDP gives a certain sophistication to ratings so mistakes. If ratings means anything there should surely be the occasional....

1. Botched snaps from centre. Particularly inexperienced/reserve centres.

2. Botched handoffs to the backs. Inexperienced backs with bad carry ratings and maybe an occasional run where they go to the wrong side of the QB.

3. Quarterback fumbles from blindside sacks. I know this does happen, but very, very seldom. I think whether the QB could prepare for the hit has to affect the chance of a fumble. The reason I mention this is there should be a value in the Left Tackle that isn't as significant in the Right (except for Lefties, of course).

4. Noise from the home crowd on defense causing confusion on offense - false start penalties, busted routes, receivers lining up incorrectly.

The last of these falls into the category 'home field advantage' - there is little if anything in Madden which gives you the sense that winning on the road is tougher. Yet in an average NFL season home teams win between 55% and 60% of their games. If the noise was cranked up at critical defensive moments you would expect from low awareness players (or those lacking confidence perhaps) things to go wrong.

More generally, a more intense crowd at crucial moments.

5. Intentional grounding penalties. These are clearly defined in the rulebook but completely ignored in Madden. It’s frustrating to hit the quarterback see the ball float away nowhere near anyone and it’s never called.

6. Horse Collars. Shots to the head. Ejections.

Okay tear them to shreds....

Last edited by Johnny_Rep; 06-13-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Six things you see on Sunday but not in Madden.

1. Star player walking off the field during a loss before the game is over.

2. Unsportsman like conduct/excesive celebration.

I don't want to see either these or some of yours in the game either But they are not there.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

#6 will not appear in the games with the NFL license. The others I agree with, but some of them happen infrequently in the NFL.

Agree with the home crowd noise bringing false starts, etc....
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
#6 will not appear in the games with the NFL license. The others I agree with, but some of them happen infrequently in the NFL.

I agree, these would be uncommon but I'd still like to see them. If you have late hits, I think horse collars are reasonable. If awareness matters then it would best manifest itself in mistakes. I'd really like to see a rookie WR run the wrong route now and again.

But you're right, perhaps head shots and ejections might too much to expect.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rep
I agree, these would be uncommon but I'd still like to see them. If you have late hits, I think horse collars are reasonable. If awareness matters then it would best manifest itself in mistakes. I'd really like to see a rookie WR run the wrong route now and again.

But you're right, perhaps head shots and ejections might too much to expect.

Be careful what you wish for.....I agree with all posters but I could see this getting messed up....just negative thinking I guess.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Its already in madden 11, I dont have footage of this but there is a horscallar tackle and when it happens, you fumble most of the time as the tackler rides you back but he has you by the collar from behind like in a rodeo.

I see it happen quite a few times in my games and I always wanted to comment on if and when we will see a flag for this.

Also, the facemasking penalties in plain sight dont even get called while the ones you be like "wtf, I didnt see no face mask" ends up being called more than the blatant ones. but ill add some of my onw that should be in the game.

1) Penalty for running out of bounds and coming back in being the first to touch the ball. I see alot of cheat/cheesers doing this online and getting away with it.

2) Offensive Pass Interference doesnt get call at all along with defensive aswell

3) Mis-Communication when calling an audible... This should really be in the game as there are too many people who audible way too much with the time they have in this game. Someone has to be confused thru all that.

4) Too many players on the field, its nice to be able to change personell during the play call screen and at this time you "are" in the huddle. So why dont we see players scrambling to get off the field when there number is called or a last sec change to create some type of tactic or mismatch. I think it would add a nice element to the game if done right.

5) Long Snapper over Snaps the Kicker, pretty much self explanatory

6) CG cutscenes of players injured during the game, I would love to see video footage of a follow up to the injury either from the reporter reporting from the sidelines or in the locker room with the player. Also I would like to add the re-introduction of the injured player back into the game after a stint in the locker room making his way back out with the crowd going nuts.

But one can dream cant he
Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

You're right. Nice list.

Maybe these nice little tweaks will come as they try to perfect the game. Kinda like Sony did The Show. With botched ground balls, dropped routine fly balls and so forth.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

The problem with adding botched snaps and handoffs is that there wouldn't be a way for the user to have any control over it. I'm all for adding stuff like that to penalize my if I mess something up, but if it's just random luck then they just need to leave it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »