Home

Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN

This is a discussion on Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN

I'll pass on paying 120 dollar for the game and having all of the man hours of the whole development team used for this.

People laud their presentation efforts in NCAA Basketball 10, but at the end of the day it didn't lead to increased sales and the series didn't live to see another release.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #34
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You really don't think it would be hard/expensive for EA to get all those licenses? Just because they were helped by CBS or have Collinsworth in the game does not mean they would get the licenses any easier or at a 'discount'. I think you're not looking at this too much or you'd realize how much work EA would have to do to get all those licenses.
Im not saying it wouldnt take negotiations and alot of work to actually get done, but it wouldnt cost alot in comparison to the overall production costs of Madden. The actual licenses for the brand and broadcast wouldnt be all that expensive. Maybe to you and me it would, but in terms of what EA spends to develop the game...it wouldnt be all that much.

NOW, if you factor in implementing them into the game and actually getting announcers from each, then yes, the cost goes way up, But in terms of just getting authorization to use those broadcasts, it wouldnt really cost all that much, especially since no one else is negotiating to use those broadcasts.

Still, in the end, none of this matters, because it will never happen.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Im not saying it wouldnt take negotiations and alot of work to actually get done, but it wouldnt cost alot in comparison to the overall production costs of Madden. The actual licenses for the brand and broadcast wouldnt be all that expensive. Maybe to you and me it would, but in terms of what EA spends to develop the game...it wouldnt be all that much.

NOW, if you factor in implementing them into the game and actually getting announcers from each, then yes, the cost goes way up, But in terms of just getting authorization to use those broadcasts, it wouldnt really cost all that much, especially since no one else is negotiating to use those broadcasts.

Still, in the end, none of this matters, because it will never happen.
One more time... They are not allowed to use any other presentation other than NFL network due to the exclusive liscensing agreement. Why would the NFL allow them to use a network other than they one they own?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #36
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
One more time... They are not allowed to use any other presentation other than NFL network due to the exclusive liscensing agreement. Why would the NFL allow them to use a network other than they one they own?
I have a feeling that this isn't true since when EA and NFL signed the exclusive agreement, the NFL Network was in its infancy and had yet to even show NFL games. Unless it was a provision that was added when the exclusive agreement was renewed in like 2008 or whenever it was.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

EA got the NFL network and ESPN license, but they choose not too use them because they don't want too offend the other network. Phil running around E3 stating" we don't want too use another broadcast because we using EA broadcast". We'll what u got these licenses for if u don't want too fully implement them in your games EA?

NCAA football uses the ESPN broadcast but not much and mostly on replays. NCAA basketball10 was on point from EA, but it was cancelled after one year, they was using ESPN nicely. So why are they spending all this money on licenses, that could be going towards development. Still too this day no sports video game comes close too NFL2k5 in presentation.

I look at madden12 and it seems better, but the lack of in game stats like player comparisons from different positions, different categories of stats and so on, hurts the true Broadcast feel that I see on Sunday's, and the halftime show is missing again that the community been asking for 6 years and counting is just ridiculous.

Phil, josh and michael needs to step there game up if they going too run around and say"Madden is true to the game", because it's not at this point in the presentation aspect of it.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think asking for a bunch of different commentators is too much, to be honest. Really no point, most of my friends just play with their music on anyways. A lot of people do this, sometimes I just get sick of hearing them. Not worth the resources, there's a lot of other things that should be focused on rather than worrying about this crap.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71

Phil, josh and michael needs to step there game up if they going too run around and say"Madden is true to the game", because it's not at this point in the presentation aspect of it.
Based on what I've seen so far, I'd say they stepped up their game from 11 to 12. We all know it can improve more after 12.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Based on what I've seen so far, I'd say they stepped up their game from 11 to 12. We all know it can improve more after 12.
Hahaha roadman, still defending EA after all these years my friend. Besides the intros and the different camera angles, what have they improved from the presentation side roadman? They still don't have a halftime show and game wrap-up that the community been asking for 6 years and counting, Extra Point was a good start and they got rid of that after 2 years. I'm talking about presentation aspects, its not that much compared too that 6 year ole game we know about buddy. Phil taking about "Madden true too the game" its not in the presentation department. They have a ways too go in my opinion and until they truly get that broadcast style like on sundays...Stop saying U true to the Game!!

Discount Type:

select
Promotion Code:

Search Schedules

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »