Home

Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN

This is a discussion on Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN

I wish there was Network Presentation option for Madden 12. I like to see others commentators amd play-by-play announcers. Gus Johnson is good ,but get he old after a while playing madden. Have a network package for different games such as Sunday(day game) ,SNF, and Monday Night Football. Just a idea I got. Hopefully anothers like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Network Presentation Style: NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake2
I wish there was Network Presentation option for Madden 12. I like to see others commentators amd play-by-play announcers. Gus Johnson is good ,but get he old after a while playing madden. Have a network package for different games such as Sunday(day game) ,SNF, and Monday Night Football. Just a idea I got. Hopefully anothers like it.
EA won't use a real network. They already have the NFL Network and ESPN licenses, but can't use them because it would upset the other. If they did ESPN, the NFL Network would want out and vice-versa.

Also, I like the idea of multiple broadcast teams, but it would take up a lot of space. If both consoles used Blu-Ray, then it'd be a possibility, but with the 36-'s disk space, we won't see this. They tried with NCAA Basketball 11 and it was cool at first, but after one game, yes just one game, you pretty much heard 90% of the lines from that team. The space just isn't there for two teams of commentators.

― Plato
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Madden needs to get good presentation first before they even consider any of this.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I used to be on your side and beg for network presentation, but seeing the presentation they have this year, if they can keep building off that and improve it year after year I think EA Sports presentation is perfectly fine and they could use their money for more important things.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I though for special game like the Superbowl and Monday Night football. I would love to hear Gruden and Micheals team up for madden. The NCAA basketball had CBS and ESPN in the game, I like it. Madden game would really enhance the game, with using this idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

You're asking to quadruple the amount of play by play lines that Madden would need to ship with, along with the graphic assets needed for each station.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake2
I though for special game like the Superbowl and Monday Night football. I would love to hear Gruden and Micheals team up for madden. The NCAA basketball had CBS and ESPN in the game, I like it. Madden game would really enhance the game, with using this idea.
NCAA Basketball did have two teams, but it was really generic and not worth it. You literally heard almost every single line after one game in each presentation style. Until we have the space to have multiple teams with the same amount of lines per team as we have now, then it isn't worth it.

― Plato
Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13

It is impossible in any near future to have four commentary crews when they can't even really get one right. Also, the reason they probably have never utilized their TV licenses if probably because the NFL Network would want their presentation to be featured but Madden doesn't want to go in that direction. I would like the option to switch between the real broadcast overlays of the five networks, but their compromise is a very realistic "EA Brand" (before it looked more like NBC, now it looks more like CBS because they had help from their producers.) It's kind of how NBA 2k11 really is just like TNT except it doesn't have the logo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »