Home

Madden Heart attack

This is a discussion on Madden Heart attack within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Madden Heart attack

Setting:
PLaying a game against Philly in my giants fanchise. Up 42-17 at the half. Ends up being 42-38 in the middle of the 4th when i force the eagles to punt.

1st incident:
They punt to my PR Randy Moss. They were closing in and should of Fair catched but i didn't. I run away from the first guy but get tackled. My knee hits the ground and then my arm holding the ball, it comes loose and the eagles recover.

I challenge and the refs use the dumbest angle ever and say it was inconclusive, and the play stood. I checked the instant replay and from the side of the sidelined, it cleared showed Moss was down. I don;t think we should have to go through fake human erros in a computer game.

They score on the same drive and make it 45-42. I get the ball back and drive down the feild and finally score a TD with 32 seconds left on the clock. Score 49-45.

I kick off to them, tackle them and they do a few pass plays that fail. Then then go to the hail marry and i intercept! Im jumping for joy as my DB goes down with about 8 guys around blurring any sort of clear replay.

The fricken ball pops out about 5 yrds away from the play and a couple eagles take it to the house with 6 secs left! This should not be happening! The review the play and the refs say it was down by contact and reverse the decision. I don;t know how they could decide that but not the PR.

I finally win and my heart returns to normal!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden Heart attack

Are most of your games that high scoring? 42 points is a lot for only a half of football. I have very few high scoring games and play with 12 minute quarters and accelerated clock on.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i've had the same thing. where the CPU falls and the ball comes loose. so they challenge. the replay shows the guys HAND is down but not his knee. i may be wrong but if the ball comes loose before the players knee is down its a fumble right? i picked up that ball and scored a TD but it was called back. later in the game the same thing happens to me i challenge and the players HAND is down but the play stands and i lost the ball on that. same exact plays but the CPU gets it reversed and mine stands.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:37 PM   #4
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

I usually have plays that needs to be challenged when the game is past the two minute warnings. Thing is the booth doesn't challenge the play.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:47 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

ya i've had a few of those. i think i had 3 in my last game which was the Super Bowl. there's some where you know it needs to be challenged but it isn't then there's the ones where you know the call was right but they challenge anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 12:10 AM   #6
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

After reading the title of your post I thought maybe we were finally rid of the guy and wouldn't have to put up with the lame commentary in the videogames anymore!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

The one that drives me crazy is when the CPU has a two point conversion - the CPU running back will dive for the end zone and the ball will clearly not break the plane of the end zone - but the conversion will still be good.

Every time - the second this happens - I pause the game to challenge the play - but - the game will have already advanced to the kickoff, meaning that I can't challenge the play (it is grayed out - even before the two minute warning).

This has happened three times already in the first five games of my franchise...
Old 09-25-2003, 04:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

gopadres said:
After reading the title of your post I thought maybe we were finally rid of the guy and wouldn't have to put up with the lame commentary in the videogames anymore!

LOL Don't we wish!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »