Home

Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12

This is a discussion on Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #49
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12

The real question is, who actually plays the pro bowl? Who would want to?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #50
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
I personally don't play it, but I could see why people would want to.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #51
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

To all the people who simply don't believe that the amount of RAM the consoles currently have isn't handicapping things like this let me try to put it into perspective.

I play a game called Sins of the Solar Empire which is a RTS set in space. I got into the game when I still had an older Toshiba lap top that only had 1 GB of RAM which is still a lot more than what the current consoles have. Well even on the low settings where all the textures were horribly blurred my computer could only handle about 8 or so ships on the screen (while being at a zoomed in where you could actually make out some of the details on the ships). Any more than 8 turned the game into a lagfest and if I tried to up the graphically quality so that I could get the individual windows then the game simply wouldn't play unless I zoomed out till everything essentially became a button interface of pressing planets without ever seeing the ships.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible to some how get them in the game but I can see how having so little RAM in comparison to where technology is at today means that they have sacrifice some stuff due to this. Look at the specs of any low end computer today and you begin to see how old these consoles are beginning to look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #52
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

System ram and vram are too very different things. Thanks for the comment, but there's a huge difference between the 360s 512 and a computer's 512, as the OS on a computer has a huge memory footprint compared to an xbox or ps3. Additionally, VRAM on video cards is much lower than you think. Bleeding edge video cards might be getting close to 2gb, but they hovered between 512 and 1gb for a while. I have a video card from 18 months ago, and it has 1gb of ram.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #53
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
To all the people who simply don't believe that the amount of RAM the consoles currently have isn't handicapping things like this let me try to put it into perspective.

I play a game called Sins of the Solar Empire which is a RTS set in space. I got into the game when I still had an older Toshiba lap top that only had 1 GB of RAM which is still a lot more than what the current consoles have. Well even on the low settings where all the textures were horribly blurred my computer could only handle about 8 or so ships on the screen (while being at a zoomed in where you could actually make out some of the details on the ships). Any more than 8 turned the game into a lagfest and if I tried to up the graphically quality so that I could get the individual windows then the game simply wouldn't play unless I zoomed out till everything essentially became a button interface of pressing planets without ever seeing the ships.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible to some how get them in the game but I can see how having so little RAM in comparison to where technology is at today means that they have sacrifice some stuff due to this. Look at the specs of any low end computer today and you begin to see how old these consoles are beginning to look.
Nitpicking, but RAM wasn't the issue with Sins on the laptop. You came across a GPU bottleneck probably due to the amount of polygons being rendered on the screen.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 AM   #54
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

What I want to know is could they have done this if Madden was an exclusive title to say.........PS3?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #55
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
What I want to know is could they have done this if Madden was an exclusive title to say.........PS3?
No.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #56
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18

it is truly a bummer that the helmets are again generic. Technically I don't know the real deal being I would have to talk to the in game techs to know why. Would be nice to have an official word, but either way, I can see how it doesn't get the attention due to the fact that the pro bowl isn't getting my attention IRL as well.

Console: PS3
Games: Madden 13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »