Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Bears vs. Cardinals in Light Rain (MaddenMatrix)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Bears vs. Cardinals in Light Rain (MaddenMatrix) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #41
Rookie

Jsan915's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsan915
Is it me or does I seem like the run game is just like madden 11. It seems like when he runs to the line or before he gets to the line the d-line men get off their blocks way to quickly and make the tackle. Otherwise game is looking great. Offline franchise all day. With all those update they did to it, I'm not even going t
Not even going to play online, JK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 12 Videos - Bears vs. Cardinals in Light Rain (MaddenMatrix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsan915
Not even going to play online, JK
You do realize you can edit your post so you don't have to double post with a one line post after your initial post?

― Plato
Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #43
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
It was good to see a block punt BUT you could always block punts like that on every version of madden b/c he was backed up into the endzone and the return team don't have as far to run for the block. Let me see a block like that with the ball around the 20 and then i'll be happy. Yea and the floating Culter pass to the sideline was BS.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #44
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Oh yea and why did the cpu run the ball and then kick the FG after two kneel downs at the end of the game. That's poor strategy. NO team would hand the ball off or kick a FG giving the other team a oppurtunity for a bad hand off or a blocked FG, when they could have simply kneeled and ran the clock out. Hope this get fix b4 release.

Last edited by 4solo; 06-17-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks like they took out the auto WR tackle on INTs. I always hated that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #46
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
Why is it RAINING in a domed stadium??? Just wondering.

ben
voodoo
Doesnt that stadium have a retractable roof? I know in a lot of the vids of Cowboy Stadium in the menus it has (closed) in the stadium selection which would make me think that you could play at the stadium with the retracted roof open.

Last edited by seasprite; 06-17-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #47
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Highlights:

4:22, 1st video - Watch Clark Haggans, the LMLB (Left MLB) - the way he drops back, then jumps the route looks way more realistic than previous Maddens. In '11, he would've suctioned into the animation, but he actually planted and jumped the route. ALSO, nice to see those magical tackles the offensive guys used to make GONE. Forte actually continued through the catch animation.

5:30, 1st video - Loved the way Briggs blew up the play, and a realistic tackle animation to add.

6:00, 1st - Nice to see that FGs won't be a gimme this year, could actually be nerve-wracking in late-game situations.

2:40, 3rd vid - Nice to see a blocked punt in that situation.

3:20, 3rd video - That pass was UNACCEPTABLE. No other way around it, EA BETTER have that fixed. Knox was supposed to score on that play, yet Cutler throws up some wounded duck.

Overall, it looks JUST live every other video as of late. Nothing really new here, I'm to the point where my full focus is on NCAA 12 and getting into a legit OD.
Totally disagree. I hate this play. Forte is running a route that should break to the inside and the defender is two steps behind him and on his outside shoulder. For some reason, the defender reacts to the pass and makes the pick while Forte just puts his arms out and thats it. Forte has the upper hand as far as position goes but does not get between the ball and defender.

The play looks scripted and ugly the whole way. It's the kind of moment that makes me just wanna turn off the game and play something else.

GIFSoup
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #48
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Totally disagree. I hate this play. Forte is running a route that should break to the inside and the defender is two steps behind him and on his outside shoulder. For some reason, the defender reacts to the pass and makes the pick while Forte just puts his arms out and thats it. Forte has the upper hand as far as position goes but does not get between the ball and defender.

The play looks scripted and ugly the whole way. It's the kind of moment that makes me just wanna turn off the game and play something else.

GIFSoup
I disagree. Looks like, imo, a great read and react playby the LB, poor effort by Forte, and even worse pass by Cutler. But that's just what I see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »