Home

Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #521
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What I am talking about which led to a loss of dev intetraction had nothing to do with valid criticism. As others have said, the devs were actually threatened with physical harm. It was so venomous and so personal it was truly unbelievable. I don't blame them for abandoning ship.

I've had plenty of criticism for this game but I am not going to call a dev a POS because I don't like some design decision they made.
I'm 100% behind this. There was far to much of the overboard, personal attacks. I'm just saying that legitimate angry, frustrated criticism or many times any criticism gets bullied. I see it happen a lot. But I am 100% behind your post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #522
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Your wish has been granted.

http://www.hotud.org/rpg/tag/develop...on/criteria:3/

Third game down.

Never played it.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #523
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Had that, Intellivision, too. SportsTalk, etc....For their time they made me very happy. So did Atari Circus and the little teeter-toter.Heck, I didn't hate E.T. on the Atari as much as the rest o the civilizedworld did. I am happy enough with Madden to buy it. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm more happy with NBA2k and Fifa. I'd like to be equally happy all around. Not too much to ask, no? Maybe that is in all of our mutual futures. That's all I really want....
Atari 2600 Combat and sky diver. Enough said! . Good points BK.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #524
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
The other products not being there had nothing to do with the devs. This was far beyond just angry customers.
Whether exclusive license was out of there control or not, they still have to expect angry customers. If they would have kept improving the game from the prev gen consoles and PC, and provided a game on par with others of it's genre (like NBA2k11), then customers aren't angry. Or if a customer has choices, they're probably not angry.

With the way things went, they all had to expect angry customers.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #525
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
You bolded out my Direct! I'm all for it, in the proper scenario and with professional distance applied. I like the intern idea. Then a drop in by the actual responsible developer for the specific wishlist and saying "we've got it." That's the least problematic way, IMO. Then a follow-up vid saying "this is what we did" would be cool, too. Then we are heard, there are less modding problems and the temptation to get too big for your britches and getting the "BanHammer" is negated. That's all I'm sayin'.... Personal space..... Stay back! LOL!
In theory that's a good idea, but when people don't get their personal wish, or something they think is the most important, get the fire extinguisher. When you interact with anybody on any level, at any age, and in any setting, you will get good reactions and bad reactions.

I've been on other forums, and as far as respectfulness goes, OS is the cream of the crop. In my perception, a big problem is that the fan-boys, or Madden apologists don't face the same threat of punitive measures as the so called haters. People who blindly defend the game, without saying what they like, or tell people " It's just a video game, get over it, " or " nobody forced you to buy the game " cause as many threads to go down hill as the "haters."

To me, people like that are as much of a problem as trolls. I mean, if it's just a video game to them, and they don't take it that seriously, like they claim, why even click on a thread where people are expressing negative opinions about the game ?

It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion and explain why, but it's another thing to say that they don't even have the right to have, or express,their opinion. When you say to someone "it's just a video game," that's really what you're saying: their opinion and/or passion about the game is unnecessary.

Quote:
The other products not being there had nothing to do with the devs. This was far beyond just angry customers.
The devs took the job and the money. They were aware of the strained relationship of the community and EA/Tiburon, so they have to expect some backlash if they make promises to the community, whom they know are already angry, and then they don't deliver. They signed up for it.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 06-20-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #526
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Whether exclusive license was out of there control or not, they still have to expect angry customers. If they would have kept improving the game from the prev gen consoles and PC, and provided a game on par with others of it's genre (like NBA2k11), then customers aren't angry. Or if a customer has choices, they're probably not angry.

With the way things went, they all had to expect angry customers.
Maybe it's just me but being angry over a video game doesn't mean common courtesy should go out the window.

The devs are not responsible for the licensing agreement. Why attack them over it. They have no say in that deal. If people are that angry with the agreement they should be writing angry emails and letters to the NFL. The NFL drives that train.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #527
Banned

OVR: 47

Madden had no chance of succeeding with 2k lovers. That game was their everything and EA won the rights. The EA hate was formed. Madden 12 has the best presentation I have ever seen in a football game. I hope the new crew pops in here again and give the community a second chance.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #528
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
In theory that's a good idea, but when people don't get their personal wish, or something they think is the most important, get the fire extinguisher. When you interact with anybody on any level, at any age, and in any setting, you will get good reactions and bad reactions.

I've been on other forums, and as far as respectfulness goes, OS is the cream of the crop. In my perception, the only problem is that fan-boys, or Madden apologists don't face the same threat of punitive measures as the so called haters. People who blindly defend the game, without saying what they like, or tell people " It's just a video game, get over it, " or " nobody forced you to buy the game " cause as many threads to go down hill as the "haters."

To me, people like that are as much of a problem as trolls. I mean, if it's just a video game to them, and they don't take it that seriously, like they claim, why even click on a thread where people are expressing negative opinions about the game ?

It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion and explain why, but it's another thing to say that they don't even have the right to have, or express,their opinion. When you to someone "it's just a video game," that's really what you're saying.
You have to be part of some social experiment regarding internet forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »