Home

Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #569
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

man this thread has some hilarious stuff in it! glad phil (never knew who he was) is doing what he wants to do with his life. that said I cant be too broken up about anyone that leaves/gets fired from the madden team after the recent year to year span of disappointment I have seen from this game (as well as NCAA). I am hoping the replacements are able to do more with the technology that is at their fingertips than the previous folks. I havent gotten to see too many videos, but it looks like this year they have gotten rid of the robotic running anmiations that have been in since 07, or at least tried to make the running more "human like". I doubt madden this year will be what I am expecting and I will go yet another year without a quality football game to play, but with new blood in the fold perhaps madden 13 will be able to be produced where your players run and throw and move like humans and not little arcade robots sliding around on the field. oh yeah, the ball is too big, please fix it . lol!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #570
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A. Did you read Phil's post in here a few pages back? He left for family reasons, that was the number 1 reason why he is leaving. No conspiracy theories, etc...... His family wants to relocate back to the West Coast. If he has children, he needs to leave in the summer months before school starts so he can settle in and get his kids into school in the area.

Make sense?

B. Phil and Ian have their print and impact on Madden 12, failure or great game.
They can write anything they want to. In fact, they always have. I have been around long enough to know whats going on when a few of the management team leave at once. Either they were forced out, or new management criticized their work/took over,or they were busy bee's talking to each other because they werent happy with there jobs, or all the talk about them in the forums, or youtube,etc... You think both these guys being there for 10 years, and leaving at the same time is coincidence? Come on. I don't even have to question it, I"ll call this one with ease. I don't blame them for leaving though. Good for them, and possibly even better for us IMO.

If you don't think words hurt people, watch the Lebron James post show again. He was hurt by all the comments too. Our tongues are sharper then a two edged sword. I have a feeling Ian had enough from someone(EA, forums, what ever), and it looks like Phil has too. You don't leave a job these days because everything is on the up and up at the workplace. Like I said this could have been new management making changes too, or a combo of all the above.

The question I will always have is, whose fault is Madden 06-11 really. Different dev's, or the upper management pulling all the strings? I also ask myself how skilled the devs are. Are they capable of major gameplay fixes, or just at roster changes, and minor features? Did they always need another dev team who perhaps get paid higher to make major changes? The truth is, I do not know the answer to those questions. I guess time will tell if Ian and Phil were the ones inching Madden forward.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #571
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
They can write anything they want to. In fact, they always have. I have been around long enough to know whats going on when a few of the management team leave at once. Either they were forced out, or new management criticized their work/took over,or they were busy bee's talking to each other because they werent happy with there jobs, or all the talk about them in the forums, or youtube,etc... You think both these guys being there for 10 years, and leaving at the same time is coincidence? Come on. I don't even have to question it, I"ll call this one. I don't blame them for leaving though. Good for them, and better for us IMO.

If you don't think words hurt people, watch the Lebron James post show again. He was hurt by all the comments too. Our tongues are sharper then a two edged sword. I have a feeling Ian had enough, and it looks like Phil has to. You don't leave a job these days because everything is on the up and up at the workplace.
So, relocating back home is not a good reason to leave a company? And they left because of sharp words of attack on a message board? They posted very sparingly over the past year, I don't get that one, sorry, will outright disagree on that one.

No need for conspiracy theories and no need to stir it up after Phil's post.

My goodness.

By the way,if you read Phils post, he said he was there 15 yrs, not 10.

Sounds like to me your lumping Phil and Ian to LBJ, Wade and Bosh.

Last edited by roadman; 06-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #572
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
They can write anything they want to. In fact, they always have. I have been around long enough to know whats going on when a few of the management team leave at once. Either they were forced out, or new management criticized their work/took over,or they were busy bee's talking to each other because they werent happy with there jobs, or all the talk about them in the forums, or youtube,etc... You think both these guys being there for 10 years, and leaving at the same time is coincidence? Come on. I don't even have to question it, I"ll call this one with ease. I don't blame them for leaving though. Good for them, and better for us IMO.

If you don't think words hurt people, watch the Lebron James post show again. He was hurt by all the comments too. Our tongues are sharper then a two edged sword. I have a feeling Ian had enough from someone(EA, forums, what ever), and it looks like Phil has too. You don't leave a job these days because everything is on the up and up at the workplace. Like I said this could have been new management making changes too, or a combo of all the above.
no doubt words hurt their feelings. but when the words are warranted its up to you to get up and get things right so that those words go away. now I know some people just love to complain about anything, but people that are complaining about legitimate things and then see those things not getting fixed year after year will tend to not care about the feelings of the person not making it right when they should have.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #573
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
no doubt words hurt their feelings. but when the words are warranted its up to you to get up and get things right so that those words go away. now I know some people just love to complain about anything, but people that are complaining about legitimate things and then see those things not getting fixed year after year will tend to not care about the feelings of the person not making it right when they should have.
I absolutely think people have the right to complain. By the judge of how many people have been complaining the last few years, I don't think it's just whiners. I have complained a lot myself, but I really do want them to suceed. I don't EVER have to get on my kids Xbox again just so I can play a sim style football game.

I feel bad if I ever personally hurt Ian with a comment, all I ever wanted out of my comments is a chance they read it and agree with some of my main issues with the game. I try not to be picky. I am definitely not a belt buckle, shoe string style kind of guy-
Old 06-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #574
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, relocating back home is not a good reason to leave a company? And they left because of sharp words of attack on a message board? They posted very sparingly over the past year, I don't get that one, sorry, will outright disagree on that one.

No need for conspiracy theories and no need to stir it up after Phil's post.

My goodness.

By the way,if you read Phils post, he said he was there 15 yrs, not 10.

Sounds like to me your lumping Phil and Ian to LBJ, Wade and Bosh.
Hey Roadman, first wanted to say didn't mean to sound rude to you in any way.

Moving for the kids is a great reason. Its actually a reason I moved away from a great job myself. But the chances of 2 guys who are close, and share jobs(basically, from there own words) leaving because of all positive reasons, at the same time, after both being there at least 10 years(Isnt Ian 10, Phil more?) is extremely unlikely. Specially after EA Canada management stepped in. I got to go with my gut, which says something happened negatively that made these guys WANT to get outta there.

I will agree, it is a thery until it is proven. But I would bet on it personally if there was a way to unveil the truth. I have seen this same thing before at my work places many times. Call this just one dudes hunch unless something gets released, then its a I told you so .

I think whats really going to matter is Madden 13. That will tell everything right there. If Madden 13 is a rediculously good title, I think thats all that needs to be said.If it's aweful, and it moves in a bad direction...I will come back here and personally say, I was wrong, and Ian and Phil were the wheels driving Madden forward!

*Also, I don't think it was just message boards at all. At least not to them. How much all this negative attention affected EA, I don't know. I do think the message boards got to them personally though. How could it not? Imagine thousands of people calling your work bad. That would sting. It's your name on the line. There is no doubt all the youtube videos, forums got to EA, and devs at least a little. They even commented about it in a few dev videos.

I know me and you want the same thing Roadman....A great game of football!

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #575
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Hey Roadman, first wanted to say didn't mean to sound rude to you in any way.

Moving for the kids is a great reason. Its actually a reason I moved away from a great job myself. But the chances of 2 guys who are close, and share jobs(basically, from there own words) leaving because of all positive reasons, at the same time, after both being there at least 10 years(Isnt Ian 10, Phil more?) is extremely unlikely. Specially after EA Canada management stepped in. I got to go with my gut, which says something happened that made these guys WANT to get outta there.

I will agree, it is a theroy until proven. But I would bet on it personally if there was a way to unveil the truth. I have seen this same thing before at my work places many times.

I think whats really going to matter is Madden 13. That will tell everything right there. If Madden 13 is a rediculously good title, I think thats all that needs to be said.If it's aweful, and it moves in a bad direction...I will come back here and personally say, I was wrong, and all hail Ian

I know me and you want the same thing Roadman....A great game of football!
Yes, we do want the same thing, a great game of football. Don't forget, if 12 is good, Ian and Phil and others had a good hand in that.

I'm in the recruiting business and relocating to be closer to the family is one of the top reasons for leaving companies.

According to Phil and Ian, Madden is in good hands with Cam Weber, Michael Young and the guy that replaced Phil from NCAA, Roy Harvey.

As you said, time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #576
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

LOL...yup..today is the first day of summer...58 pages about a guy making a career choice.

wake me up when summer ends (or the demo drops)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »