Home

E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens

This is a discussion on E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens

As I think someone mentioned, it should be an easy fix. Lineman should only block where a QB should be in the initial drop back (since they don't have eyes in the back of their head). If someone drops back too far, the DE should just be able to run around the tackle relatively untouched for the sack, which will force the user to stay in the pocket.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

In fairness, I have seen a number of instances in these Madden vids (which ALL look FABULOUS) when the QB drop back scramble guy couldn't move the ball at all. I think this was one case where the guy just got away with it.

He ran that RB route out of the backfield that has always killed man coverage, against man coverage, and the guy was wide open nobody was around the middle.

I understand the throw shouldnt have been spot on though

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Not a whole lot to see, here. As far as the deep drop backs go, I just overlook them. I know I won't be doing that in my offline franchise.

Ditto. And another reason why I don't play online------it's probably full of players like these...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

The problem is that in reality, most DE's are faster than the QB's.

Unfortunately, we have the Vick factor that is applied to all QB's without regard to their real mobility.

Mobility being the issue as to how it's defined, used and implemented in Football video games.

In Pro Camps it's defined/analyzed as being "within the Pocket"

With these games, it's defined through the Speed/Acceleration ratings.

For some reason, if QB's can't/don't outrun DE's, then the community says something is wrong with the game.

So instead of Mobility being applied correctly for QB's (in the Pocket), we see them behave in the same manner as WR/RB etc....

With how guy's are scrambling outside/dropping back with these guys, I bet that their Speed/Acceleration ratings are high (60-70's) as is always with Default rosters.

The In-Game generated QB's through the Draft always come in with Spd/Acc ratings that are well below those in the Default roster.

Just lower these two ratings for Default QB's and it will help greatly in reducing Gamer's ability to outrun the Rush-Arc of the DE's and force them to step up into the Pocket as they should.

I hate Default rosters because player ratings are always "Jacked" up very high.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

how can people defend the speed of the game when slow mo tom brady is moving around at the speed of light.
he backpeddled out of the pocket like he sprinted
Old 06-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #14
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

From what I can see the speed of the individual players is all busted up.

First off Brady is not that fast in acceleration or speed. He shouldn't be even close to getting back from the snap that fast or outside of the pocked with that much speed.

Watch the video and tell me you don't think Brady gets back from the snap faster than the DE gets up the field. That doesn't happen in the NFL.

Secondly, the minute a QB leaves the pocket on a direct snap like that is the minute his football career about comes to an end. Why? Do you think OT's have eyes in the back of their heads? That DE went to inside when he should've gone to the outside seeing from the start what the QB was doing. As soon as a QB drops back that far is the minute an OT gets burnt upfield. No contest.

In the NFL that QB would've been murdered. A straight drop back with no playaction with a bootlegging have spin and throw with supreme accuracy without getting murdered. That's what's wrong with Madden and will not get this game until things change. I was going to until I saw this. When will this gimmicking be removed?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #15
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Finally some pats footage!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I know everyone hates this, but how do you fix it? It already takes the ball longer to travel and passes aren't as accurate when you drop back further. If I am not mistaken, the game does use the THP and THA ratings from the spot of the throw, not the LOS, right? If so, then the ratings should play out like they should when you drop back 15-20 yards, or more.

I think the main problem is people dropping back that far aren't threatened by the pass rushers getting to them any easier. That's the real problem in my opinion, not really the throws, those are fine.
There are a few things to fix it.

1. Make the QB back pedal about twice as slow.
2. Allow the defensive ends to get proper depth in collapsing the pocket.
3. Allow the defensive ends to accelerate more when doing #2 because football players can run much, much quicker when they're not engaged with a big offensive linemen.
4. Make the QB plant his feet to get accurate throws and make the "windup" for longer throws, in excess of 30 yards, much, much more time consuming.
5. Combine all three suggestions above and you will see this nonsense stop after people who use this BS tactic get sacked 20 times by the end of the first half..

I hate it when people always bring up the 2K games but I'm sorry i have to here. Play All Pro Football 2K8 and run backwards with your QB like that and see what happens 9 times out of 10.

This is fixable, EA just chooses not to fix so as not to upset the tourney crowd and all the 12 year olds who love to do this crap..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »