Home

Madden 12 should be bug-free (result of NFL Lockout)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 should be bug-free (result of NFL Lockout) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Madden 12 should be bug-free (result of NFL Lockout)

With all the time that is spent making the finishing touches on Madden 12 (free agent moves, rookie signings, rookie numbers, depth charts, etc.), the Testers at EA should have enough free time checking all the bells and whistles since none of the above is happening because of the NFL Lockout.

Trade logic, simulated stats, draft logic, quick snaps, etc. - they have enough time to test, retest and test again all of these issues and situations since they aren't spending their time updating rosters.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 12 should be bug-free (result of NFL Lockout)

Trades, signings, and anything else personnel-related is handled by Donny Moore. He's not going to be the one doing quality assurance on the game, bug squashing, etc. So the lockout wouldn't affect QA. They're still going to have the same people doing the same stuff, right up until the game goes gold.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Its still a video game man, regardless of the lockout or not. So NO it will still have couple bugs most likely.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Its still a video game man, regardless of the lockout or not. So NO it will still have couple bugs most likely.
This, plus the fact that different people work on different aspects on the game.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

every game will have bugs even though ea has stated they want 0 bugs by release the game will still have them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Thoughts?
Have you ever professionally worked on a software project? Because judging from your post, I don't think you ever did.

To put it simple: No. Madden 12 has bugs, because it's a complex piece of software. It would be the first complex program EVER to be free of bugs, in the whole history of software, somehow I guess the chances on that are pretty slim.

Rookies signings, free agent moves, that's "easy" work. You won't need a professional codeslinger to do that, someone who has understanding of football and knows how the program works can do that.

Bugfixing is probably the toughest job there is working on a software project. There isn't an easy way to do it. There's no way to speed it up. You are never "finished" fixing bugs, you're only waiting for the next one to show up. So no, the lockout will most likely not have ANY effect on the amount of bugs in Madden 12, and most definitely not make it "bug-free", because there is no such thing as a bug-free program.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

A bug-less video game hmmm, I'm sure no dev has ever had that goal in mind before

In a perfect world no video games would have bugs. Unfortunately, the world we live in is far from perfect. Therefore, if I were a betting man (and I am) I'd say that without a doubt Madden and all video games will continue to have bugs. You just have to understand it is what it is and be thankful that the devs care enough about there product to try and fix it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Bug-free??? C'mon really?

Flight Simulator took 4 years to develop, and it still needed two patches (a.k.a "service packs") to fix issues.

More recently, look at other big time titles that take years to develop, like FPS's for example. Then read thru the bugs and glitches here at OS.

Doesn't matter how much time is allotted for developement. Bugs and glitches are as common as the sun setting in the West and rising in the East.

Just the way it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »