Home

Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #33
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazz916
having stick skill is what its about

just like having natural abilties seperates Adrian peterson from marion barber
You clearly play online "dawg."
Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They just need to find out how to make WR's play the ball aggressively. They always try to catch it at their hips or at the chest and in stride. The WR's in this game have no awareness of the players around them. So even if a DB is going to jump the route and it's obvious, the WR will still try and make a catch in stride instead of jumping up and preventing the pick.

The problem is WR behavior, not the lack of a rocket catch.
That's why I said I'm not advocating rocket catching. I don't think they need rocket catches but they need something to make it where when you control the WR you have more control of either catching or preventing the DB from catching. I had the worse thing happen last night in an online franchise game. My WR had inside position and I blocked the CB out and just because the CB had high man coverage, the game made my WR go through the CB like a ghost so that the CB could pick it off. LAME
Old 06-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
To each their own. I play the game in a manner that the players will behave on their own merits, not always my stick skills. I'm a sim player, so I don't control my WRs. I want them making the catch.
You can be a sim player AND make your own catches too. These do not need to be mutually exclusive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

With respect, most "sim" players feel that football smarts should count for more than mere stick skills.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
You can be a sim player AND make your own catches too. These do not need to be mutually exclusive.
True...but "rocket catching" and "sim" most definitely are.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

My two cents on this issue is that I agree with what a couple of the other guys are saying about adding better WR animations and making them more aggressive in general in terms of making plays on the ball. Hopefully tendencies this year can remedy that somewhat but I doubt it will improve much. Simply making WRs act as though they "have to" get the ball and not just passively run and wait for the pass to come to them will be what solves this issue in the long term I think.

Quote:

I respect that that's how you play the game but for some people, myself included, I want ratings to matter more than how good my stick skills are. Obviously it should be a combination of both, but to me its not sim if I can take a 60 rated WR and have him be Randy Moss all day because of silliness like Rocket Catching.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #39
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Fair enough, I shouldn't have linked the two. I should've said something like "being a sim player, I'm more interested in a team that functions with me, not a team that functions entirely because of me."
Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #40
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
They may not need rocket catching but they do need something that makes it fair for both sides. The original poster has a very valid point. You can't exploit individual matchups because the DB will almost always jump the pass, no matter who the DB is. You could have Megatron 1 on 1 with a scrub CB and have him do an in or out route and that scrub DB will jump that route if you throw it based on timing.

It makes no sense that there are some routes that you cannot throw in this game. I'm not advocating rockets but they need something.
I agree to an extent. When you're playing Madden receiver's like Megatron, Fitzgerald, etc. should be able to go up and grab a jump ball over scrub corners more often. Bottom line is WRs need to be more aggressive. Maybe they should add in a animation where the WR automatically jumps up for the ball similar to the new dive animations. With that said, the OP requesting that they bring back "Rocket Catch" was just asking for trouble, just bad wording maybe.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »