Home

Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #65
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Bring Back Rocket Catching in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
what the hell is rocket catching?
Basically, you chuck the ball deep to a WR, control the WR, then undercut the throw, jump, and make the catch. Essentially, the CB had zero chance of making on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyM2Q...feature=fvwrel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #66
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
You can still rocket catch now, they just took out offensive strafing which is bogus to me. It makes no sense that the cpu can run a curl route, but you cant user run a curl route.

you can't user run a curl because folks abused it on almost every passing attempt...it was the offensive focal point of every Madden Bus player and "millions" of tournament guys alike...against cover 3, against cover 2, against man...it beat every coverage in the game...too powerful is what it was and you can't give that type of power to people...by my sights Madden is offensively tuned anyways so why do we need more help...we don't to be honest people just want to score 60 a game...especially lil timmy who should actually be outside playing real football instead of virtual football
Old 06-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Basically, you chuck the ball deep to a WR, control the WR, then undercut the throw, jump, and make the catch. Essentially, the CB had zero chance of making on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyM2Q...feature=fvwrel
thx.................
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

you can stop a curl its not that hard.. you just have to adjust in real life.. and you can adjust to stop the rocket catch by keeping the safety over the top...

but instead of taking the challenge peoeple cry and say its too hard to stop..

but i guess ppl. who aren't that good cry.. you dnt see ppl. in real life cryn over back shoulder throws, curls , when tall rec. out jump smaller ppl. & when qbs under throw rec. on purpose so the wr. can only get it.. but i guess thats what u get when ppl. ain't good they complain that they cnt stop it...

they call it abuse lmao... if it works why stop ? when the pats went 16-0 did they league say you cnt throw to moss ?

some ppl. are just cry babys!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #69
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazz916
you can stop a curl its not that hard.. you just have to adjust in real life.. and you can adjust to stop the rocket catch by keeping the safety over the top...

but instead of taking the challenge peoeple cry and say its too hard to stop..

but i guess ppl. who aren't that good cry.. you dnt see ppl. in real life cryn over back shoulder throws, curls , when tall rec. out jump smaller ppl. & when qbs under throw rec. on purpose so the wr. can only get it.. but i guess thats what u get when ppl. ain't good they complain that they cnt stop it...

they call it abuse lmao... if it works why stop ? when the pats went 16-0 did they league say you cnt throw to moss ?

some ppl. are just cry babys!!!!!!!
boom goes the dynamite (and this thread)
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 1

I'd much rather players with good spec. catch and jump to be able to get the ball on their own, adjust to it in realistic animations.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #71
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I'd much rather players with good spec. catch and jump to be able to get the ball on their own, adjust to it in realistic animations.
but we know that will never happen so they just need to let us go up and get ourselves I don't need the CPU assistance in that area. Just make the DBs smarter and more aware also tweak both sides and not just the O
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
you can't user run a curl because folks abused it on almost every passing attempt...it was the offensive focal point of every Madden Bus player and "millions" of tournament guys alike...against cover 3, against cover 2, against man...it beat every coverage in the game...too powerful is what it was and you can't give that type of power to people...by my sights Madden is offensively tuned anyways so why do we need more help...we don't to be honest people just want to score 60 a game...especially lil timmy who should actually be outside playing real football instead of virtual football
You lost me around half way through this post. I dont see how giving you power over your player's body is doing us a favor. Again the rocket catch abuse means nothing to me as a offline guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »