Home

FRANCHISE MODE:WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE REAL GM'S

This is a discussion on FRANCHISE MODE:WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE REAL GM'S within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
FRANCHISE MODE:WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE REAL GM'S

I’ve been thinking…….. franchise mode is a little too much handed to us as far as being a GM.

Problem: All the ratings are shown to us, It doesn’t let us decide who’s good are not on our own. Numbers (ratings) aren’t shown to a real GM, it’s 40times and side notes then they hand pick whoever they want. They battle out in training camp then the top performers in that get the top spots on the depth chart, its as simple as that. We need to be in control of OUR franchise, not controlled but the ratings thrown at us.

Solution: While we practice with our players, we should unlock comments on them based on their performance.

So lets say Andre Johnson has a bad training camp and the new rookie wide out outshines him, Andre should be in danger of his number one spot. Then some comments on his profile should be, “ Andre is a top notch wide out but he’s struggling suddenly”. You have the power to either stay loyal with your number 1 man or just say this rookie is the truth and go and give him the first spot. During the season, this can change. Its all based on performance, nothing more.

Im just saying instead of ratings (franchise mode) , lets have comments and combine numbers instead. Have his strengths, all the way to his greatest flaws and let you determine how good he is and what fits YOUR system.

If some one runs a 4.24, you automatically know that he’s fast. 99 speed fast, but to the eyes of a GM or scout, that’s a 4.2 40yard dash, understand?

Player Profile-

Mark Sanchez

QB

Height 6’3” Weight 225lbs College USC

Throw Power- Very good

Throw Accuracy – Average

Speed- 4.85 Decent (for a QB)

Notes: He can be a solid QB, Is an errant thrower at times, good decision maker, Good arm (do like a pros and cons type of thing)

PS: I know that they’re in between ratings like Short throw accuracy but I didn’t include so just take note its only an example.

Just tell me what you think of this because real team managers don’t see in ratings, they see in combine stats (when drafting), side comments, season stats, and consistency. I just want to be put in the position to feel like I’m really handling my team in franchise, evaluating the players and all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FRANCHISE MODE:WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE REAL GM'S

While I agree with the premise, the last thing I want to do is practice with my players. While I enjoy the franchise quite a bit (I play hours of OOTP so I'm not exactly a stranger to franchise management) I'm really not interested in doing practices (or mini-games) when there are games to be played.

I'd be perfectly fine if my there was a scouting rating that gave me estimates of their abilities.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: FRANCHISE MODE:WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE REAL GM'S

Look at some of the hidden ratings and hidden potential threads that are out there... add this to one of those, and further the existing discussion!

They may be on page 2 or 3 or 7, there's a lot of forum here...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »