Home

The Spin move in Madden

This is a discussion on The Spin move in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Spin move in Madden

Truth be told, Barry Sanders NEVER spun 3 yards away from his opposing tackler, he'd spin from a step, to the next step. So that's like a yard, yard and a half, and the tackler was making contact, just whiffing at the spin. Either way it was NEVER a 3 yard spin move in the open field. lol Even spinning and being tackled will maybe net you an extra yard, but many times it will get your momentum to get you hit back a yard or two, LOSING yardage.

But hey, many on this Forum will swear by it being realistic sim doing stuff like this, or that it's an early build so they'll fix it by August. LMAO
Old 06-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet
Truth be told, Barry Sanders NEVER spun 3 yards away from his opposing tackler, he'd spin from a step, to the next step. So that's like a yard, yard and a half, and the tackler was making contact, just whiffing at the spin. Either way it was NEVER a 3 yard spin move in the open field. lol Even spinning and being tackled will maybe net you an extra yard, but many times it will get your momentum to get you hit back a yard or two, LOSING yardage.

But hey, many on this Forum will swear by it being realistic sim doing stuff like this, or that it's an early build so they'll fix it by August. LMAO

I've seen Barry spin and have the defender never make contact once. Not going to look for the vids though. In any event, I know what you mean and agree.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I've seen Barry spin and have the defender never make contact once. Not going to look for the vids though. In any event, I know what you mean and agree.
Right actually I agree which is why I said they'd whiff at him. But the point we're both making is at any event the defender is still there. And not 3 yards away. lol
Old 06-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
The spin move is much more effective than juking or simply cutting back and that is just wrong. Most good running backs are able to move quickly through small areas using jukes and cuts. The spin move should be RARE but instead it's one of the best ways of breaking free in the open field. I would like to see this fixed.

As mentioned above, there is no speed loss with the spin while the canned juke animation makes it almost impossible to accelerate any further because it takes way too long.

Small cuts and jukes should be > spin moves.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Too bad the truck stick doesn't even work anymore in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
He means the way the spin is used in the game. When I'm sprinting downfield and see a defender coming towards me, I just hit spin and do a perfect 360 without slowing down, making him miss the tackle. You'd never see something like that happen in reality, so it shouldn't work like that in the game.

They need to make jukes and stiff arms more useful (at least on all-madden, I have yet to see more than one succesful stiff arm in many years of franchise) and tone down spin moves massively.
Yea what ever happened to the stiff arm, its useless this gen, and only used for throwing people over, or slamming them to the ground, heck they dont even stick it out if a defender does not make contact, bring back the stiff are of the PS2 days!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

http://youtu.be/Evkb2x9YDTA

heres a pretty good spin move!

You may have to copy and paste link, I using IE9.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #24
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

You can spin from the R-stick. its a half circle. they don't have the controls loose enough though a little stiff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »