Home

Who uses Create-a-Team?

This is a discussion on Who uses Create-a-Team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Who uses Create-a-Team?

Has anybody ever heard a reason as to why they dont use a variation of NCAA teambuilder? Hell, I would be happy if they just added the old PS2 logos back in. The ones on next gen are so bad.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

I like to use create-a-team because it's the closest thing we get to an expansion mode. I try to create teams that look realistic as possible, but as mentioned above, the logos and even jersey options leave much to be desired. Team Builder for Madden would be amazing.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The only time it was enjoyable was when I created 32 cupcake teams and replaced all the good young players. I think withing 2-3 seasons I had teams of a few older FA's and new Madden generated rookies.

I couldn't delete everyone, so a few guys were dominating the league at 70ish OVR the first season. But it was still fun.

I would like it more if the jerseys would look the same level of detail as the real teams.

I wouldn't delete any teams, but it would be fun to have expansion teams (LA, Toronto/San Antonio) since I think all the teams should stay where they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a created logo and place so far (the LA Suns), and plan to have the roster of one of the team rumored to possibly go to LA.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
Rookie

I was holding back on buying Madden games while in the process of getting a ps3 (waiting until the budget would allow for that purchase with a couple of games to get me started) and I was stuck with Madden 09 for the PS2 for a few years. Sure, it got old after awhile, but then I had an idea.

What if the NFL folded? What if there was a rival league trying to take over (kind of like the USFL and XFL?). At any rate, I created all new teams and kept them close to their original cities. Nobody had their original team colors or logos. It was rough coming up with some good uniform designs that didn't get repetitive (the uni editor was SOO limited and some of the logos were pretty awful).

I did two things. I first made the whole league a bunch of cupcake teams and let the CPU figure out how to rebuild the teams. It was funny to see the leader board and only have 3 runningbacks total with 1,000 yards. Four or Five Qb's would have over 3,000 yards, but most of those guys would throw more picks than TDs.

I then remade them with different team styles and tried to mirror the styles of the then current NFL teams. Just to see which style was more successful and how well the CPU could rebuild the teams that weren't so good.

It was interesting for a while. But, to the point at hand, I love the ability to create new teams. It adds some replay value to the game.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

I host an online league where we play with nothing but Create-A-player teams.

It is really fun, especially the process of drafting players.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #15
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

I did the same: would create my hometown (Vegas) and use fantasy roster, picking only free agents and low rated players... then try to build this mess up into a contender.

It made it interesting since I would force draft all UNLV & Nevada players, often leaving me with only 4-5 draft picks to fill needs and grab high potential guys.

... but the options were so limited with either uniforms, logos and stadium designs. You really couldnt immerse yourself into it... it felt put together in 5mins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 13

Last year I created an entirely new league using create a team. The AFC was all American teams that don't have current NFL teams and the NFC was all international teams. I did a fantasy draft using a spreadsheet, and I played as the Ottawa Canadians for a few seasons. It was quite fun, especially since I intentionally drafted players to teams if they were from that area - players with Nigerian backgrounds played for the team in Nigeria. Hawaiian players played for the team in Hawaii, etc..

One of the things on my Madden wishlist though is more logos - or even let us upload our own logos. To make the entire league I had to use many alternate logos as main logos, and had to be very creative when it came to team names and logo colours. I was also limited in which teams I could create because I had to try to match the silly logos to the team name/location that made sense.

My other main use of Create-a-Team is to create the Toronto Argonauts, which I do with every edition of Madden. It would be pretty sweet though if I could upload the actual Argos logo to Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »