Home

Who uses Create-a-Team?

This is a discussion on Who uses Create-a-Team? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Who uses Create-a-Team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I'd go with that.....I love create a team and lately it's been stale....old gen (i hear people groaning "there he goes again") had a much better set of logos. Also on old gen the team played the way it should. I'd use "strong D" teams and the D was great (should be they were all 90's it seemed) but on new gen the "strong D" gives up tons of yardage. I watch my 99 LB and DE get mauled and my 99CB get beat deep all the time. I wish they'd fix this.
On the PC you could even create your own helmets and logo art. Some guys at football-freaks had helmets and field logos for every college team and almost every kind of fictional team imaginable. Why would anybody say NO to more optional features.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Last year I created an entirely new league using create a team. The AFC was all American teams that don't have current NFL teams and the NFC was all international teams. I did a fantasy draft using a spreadsheet, and I played as the Ottawa Canadians for a few seasons. It was quite fun, especially since I intentionally drafted players to teams if they were from that area - players with Nigerian backgrounds played for the team in Nigeria. Hawaiian players played for the team in Hawaii, etc..

One of the things on my Madden wishlist though is more logos - or even let us upload our own logos. To make the entire league I had to use many alternate logos as main logos, and had to be very creative when it came to team names and logo colours. I was also limited in which teams I could create because I had to try to match the silly logos to the team name/location that made sense.

My other main use of Create-a-Team is to create the Toronto Argonauts, which I do with every edition of Madden. It would be pretty sweet though if I could upload the actual Argos logo to Madden.

Cool...i've had 32 team create a team leagues as well. But on next gen the logos were so lame I had a hard time filling in names for the last 10 or so teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
I did the same: would create my hometown (Vegas) and use fantasy roster, picking only free agents and low rated players... then try to build this mess up into a contender.

It made it interesting since I would force draft all UNLV & Nevada players, often leaving me with only 4-5 draft picks to fill needs and grab high potential guys.

... but the options were so limited with either uniforms, logos and stadium designs. You really couldnt immerse yourself into it... it felt put together in 5mins.
Yeah again old had better stadiums...just more choice really. Why did they get rid of the "tropical" environment anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalimbeNaire
I was holding back on buying Madden games while in the process of getting a ps3 (waiting until the budget would allow for that purchase with a couple of games to get me started) and I was stuck with Madden 09 for the PS2 for a few years. Sure, it got old after awhile, but then I had an idea.

What if the NFL folded? What if there was a rival league trying to take over (kind of like the USFL and XFL?). At any rate, I created all new teams and kept them close to their original cities. Nobody had their original team colors or logos. It was rough coming up with some good uniform designs that didn't get repetitive (the uni editor was SOO limited and some of the logos were pretty awful).

I did two things. I first made the whole league a bunch of cupcake teams and let the CPU figure out how to rebuild the teams. It was funny to see the leader board and only have 3 runningbacks total with 1,000 yards. Four or Five Qb's would have over 3,000 yards, but most of those guys would throw more picks than TDs.

I then remade them with different team styles and tried to mirror the styles of the then current NFL teams. Just to see which style was more successful and how well the CPU could rebuild the teams that weren't so good.

It was interesting for a while. But, to the point at hand, I love the ability to create new teams. It adds some replay value to the game.

Ditto

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroiczero13
After a while of playing any given Madden I end up liking to make CATs to mix things up, but when I do I only choose the cupcake roster option or do a fantasy team with the worst players available. I was wondering how many people actually use CATs? Because it is an area of the game I feel could use a little work. One little thing is the lack of variety in the different logos to use, though basically the only real big complaint I have is why they havent adopted the idea of Teambuilder that has been in the NCAA games for a few years now. I dont know how difficult or not it would be to repurpose that for Madden, but it seems like something that wouldnt have to be started from scratch and provides the most depth for people to make teams. If there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, than that is alright, I was just wondering.
I do and I completely agree. They have very little options. It needs a lot of improvements. Last gen Madden games had the exact same stuff and way more logos and letters as logos, etc. It's just wrong that it would not have as much as last gen. Why couldn't they have kept the letters logos? Oh well, but I definitely wish we had more options.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
..... It's just wrong that it would not have as much as last gen.........
Same issue with Franchise mode.....Yeah the create a team has been a disappointment....one improvement though. IN old gen if you had your home and away pants different colors you couldn't get the same pattern of strips. EX. Made a team...white pants, red stripe with two blue stripes next to it with white in between. AWay blue pants, red stripe but i couldnt' get two white stripes next to it. At least in new gen I can get the uni's in the color patterns i want. That's the only thing better though....well maybe the uni's have more options for patterns....but way less color options.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #21
Rookie

Heroiczero13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The only time it was enjoyable was when I created 32 cupcake teams and replaced all the good young players. I think withing 2-3 seasons I had teams of a few older FA's and new Madden generated rookies.

I couldn't delete everyone, so a few guys were dominating the league at 70ish OVR the first season. But it was still fun.

I would like it more if the jerseys would look the same level of detail as the real teams.

I wouldn't delete any teams, but it would be fun to have expansion teams (LA, Toronto/San Antonio) since I think all the teams should stay where they are.
Yeah I did that a few times on the last gen Madden, I think it may have been 2007 or 2008, and I actually kept records of it for the entire duration of the franchise. I didnt actually control any of the teams, i had one selected but let the AI make all of the decisions, it was exhausting to make all the teams, but it was totally worth it, and one of my favorite Madden experiences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does anyone have a list of place names that the announcers say?

"Home/Away Team" totally ruins it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »