Home

Overpaid, or about right

This is a discussion on Overpaid, or about right within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overpaid, or about right

I just started a Falcons Franchise, and I noticed that my FS was sort of...lacking (my ROLB is also, but not much I can do right now). So I bravely ventured into the world of free agents, and found Oshiomogho Atogwe. FS, 92 rating, A potential, 29 years old...

...and very expensive, or at least I think so. A 2 year contract cost me 16 million, with 6 million guaranteed, to have the free agent become a free safety for the Falcons. For his rating, he seems about right, but compared to my other two FS, he's getting a lot more then they are.

Overpaid free agent, or about right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Overpaid, or about right

How much you pay really only matters if you have cap problems. If he's good and fills a need, I don't really care what the price is.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I never understood why people ask these types of questions.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrodgers012
I never understood why people ask these types of questions.
because we want a realistic franchise mode?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

90+ FAs that aren't even 30 yet SHOULD require you to pay a king's ransom for them, just wait for the kind of contracts guys like Aso or Sidney Rice will get if there's free agency this summer. FAs that are at the top of their position are bound to get huge contracts.

Last edited by TheDelta; 06-20-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I think that most of the contracts the Free Agents look for in franchise are a bit high, but this isn't the most outrageous one I've seen. I try to focus on how big the signing bonus is because that's what I'm on the hook for if things don't work out. In the end, you have to decide how much you value that position. 2 years isn't going to tie you up that bad.

In the virtual scheme I run, the FS isn't that huge a spot for me. Most of my big money on defense is tied up at the corner and MLB spot. I don't ask my FS to play too much in man coverage, and if he does, it's usually against a TE, so he doesn't get exposed with my playcalling. I try to keep him in some sort of zone, so when I had my Falcons Franchise, Thomas Decoud was more than adequate for me. He doesn't have "A" potential like William Moore, but he develops into a pretty nice player, and allowed me to draft and develop another FS.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

There a lot of threads on FA signings in 11...use the search. And actually, IMO, that contract sounds about right
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »