Home

EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

This is a discussion on EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I agree. While cool the first few times, I would eventually end up skipping it and never watching it again.
This is exactly what happened with NFL 2K5 after about 7-10 games. I would skip the halftime show and usually skip the end of game wrap up. If it came down to it, I would rather see those resources used elsewhere. That said, I know that many gamers here would like to see that so I can't say that it is a bad idea.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

EA worked with the company that does the overlays for ESPN, NBC, CBS, etc. Just food for thought.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Hopefully they will improve on this bigtime. Presentation is just as important as gameplay too some people. The lack of the halftime and stats package clearly hampers the game too some. Clearly if Madden wants to stop alot of people comparing NLF2k5, they need to surpass there presentation package. I have been begging for this for 6 years now and still counting

Amen.......

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
That's fine for some people and especially for exhibition games but I would like it more involved then this for franchise games. I want them to talk about games going on around the league. I think 1st and 3rd quarter breaks would be a good opportunity for this and at halftime maybe show a few random clips of important games going on that week. They don't have to go to a virtual broadcaster ala 2k5 but a nice voice over at the half would be great. It definitely makes you feel like you are more a part of a league. I feel like they are heading in the right direction though with the presentation they have added this year.

I agree....I want it to feel real...i.n real life they do all that.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSJS23
Halftime and postgame show presentation = just more unneeded fluff that I have to hit x to skip thru. Im all for in game presentation but any halftime consisting of more than highlights of the current game ur playing is too much and unnesecary.

For that matter the player intros and team entrances and stadium blimp views are all fluff as well. Tell me you are going to be glued to all that by your 20th game......Anything that's not gameplay can be considered fluff. But it's the "fluff" that adds the realism, the immersion. I remember old gen M07 where the game started right at the coin toss...which for that matter we don't NEED to see anyway...just tell me who won the toss. But seeing it makes it feel like a TV broadcast and I'm for anything that makes me feel like i'm watching a real game including pre, post and halftime game shows.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Should have titled this thread "Already somewhat disappointed in presentation for M12"

Geez......you gotta be able to contain multiple thoughts and feelings in your head at the same time. What's so hard to fathom that he KNOWS what's missing already (cause EA told us so) and that he's not happy with that. Doesn't mean he won't like the game or play it alot. He happens to be right....doesnt' mean he's bashing EA or talking down on the game. Things are missing that would make it more realistic...there's a reason people keep bringing up "that other game" for comparisons......yeah some people will Mash the x button through a halftime show or whatever....just like many will mash the x through the player intros that they obvioulsy spent tons of time on this year....at least it's there and those who want it can watch it.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Well, usually we save impressions until the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Well, usually we save impressions until the game comes out.

I know that when one actually plays the games you will have a certain impression of M12. But is it so far out of whack to have impressions of the video highlights they are showing us, of the articles they write for us, of the other information they've already released for us? Again it's holding simultaneous thoughts in your head. One can say "I don't like that they won't have ______" while also saying, "I'll see how I like the game overall when I play it".
I liked playing Madden 08...played it for 3 years until I got M10. But I DIDN"T like that they dropped Tony Bruno from 07 and that they didn't fix some bugs with create a team, simmed stats etc. You can have these multiple thoughts simultaneously.
I just dont' get the simplistic mantra of "you can't have any thoughts or criticisms whatsoever until you actually play the game".

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »