Home

EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

This is a discussion on EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

Notice how the presentation takes your stats and spits them back at you in an engaging manner. It also briefly summarizes your last game. Overall, it just makes you feel like you're in a living breathing league that you're actually a part of. This is something the "other company" did beautifully with their half-time and stat packages.

Unfortunately Madden 12 doesn't look to have this scope of presentation because it would require a commentary upgrade. And I'm pretty sure the devs already noted that they didn't really improve commentary this year.

But the good news is that you can say that Madden 12 already has the presentation "skeleton" (i.e. the cameras) completed for Madden 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

The sad part, we been asking for this for YEARS and always got the "maybe next year" ideas.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: EA Ripped this Straight from CBS' Presentation ... but didn't go far enough.

Hopefully they will improve on this bigtime. Presentation is just as important as gameplay too some people. The lack of the halftime and stats package clearly hampers the game too some. Clearly if Madden wants to stop alot of people comparing NLF2k5, they need to surpass there presentation package. I have been begging for this for 6 years now and still counting
Old 06-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Hopefully they will improve on this bigtime. Presentation is just as important as gameplay too some people. The lack of the halftime and stats package clearly hampers the game too some. Clearly if Madden wants to stop alot of people comparing NLF2k5, they need to surpass there presentation package. I have been begging for this for 6 years now and still counting
Agreed. That will put a stop to the talks of the that other game by that other company.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Halftime and postgame show presentation = just more unneeded fluff that I have to hit x to skip thru. Im all for in game presentation but any halftime consisting of more than highlights of the current game ur playing is too much and unnesecary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Should have titled this thread "Already somewhat disappointed in presentation for M12"
Old 06-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSJS23
Halftime and postgame show presentation = just more unneeded fluff that I have to hit x to skip thru. Im all for in game presentation but any halftime consisting of more than highlights of the current game ur playing is too much and unnesecary.
That's fine for some people and especially for exhibition games but I would like it more involved then this for franchise games. I want them to talk about games going on around the league. I think 1st and 3rd quarter breaks would be a good opportunity for this and at halftime maybe show a few random clips of important games going on that week. They don't have to go to a virtual broadcaster ala 2k5 but a nice voice over at the half would be great. It definitely makes you feel like you are more a part of a league. I feel like they are heading in the right direction though with the presentation they have added this year.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSJS23
I agree. While cool the first few times, I would eventually end up skipping it and never watching it again.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »