Home

What makes franchise mode immersive for you?

This is a discussion on What makes franchise mode immersive for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Already somewhat disappointed in Franchise mode for M12

Most of those things will simply never be Madden

Just call me Sanchez
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
So, traits are new this year. They further define a player beyond their attributes. For example, a fumble prone player, or someone who is high-motor. A WR who makes sideline catches, a WR who drops open passes (T.O.), and traits that define how a QB senses pressure and if they force throws, throw the ball away, run with the ball, etc. This helps define players beyond just numbers.

So basically the traits will individualize a players performance to be more lifelife and Different from another player with similar attributes....nice idea.....how much will we notice it? Will we notice it too much???? Ie. T.O. drops open passes...does that mean I can expect 5 drops from him per game now? I have to wait and see how it works outs. I just don't think I'm going to derive that much pleasure from this as it's likely to be subtle. AGain I just wanted more of the bells and whistles in franchise.
As I've stated their improvements are really good...well needed and should make franchise mode better....but the IMMERSIVE Stuff needs to be there too. I realize people (and myself) may skip over some things over time but I used it constantly in old gen. I always read the article (or at least the headlines) in the newspaper...I listed for Tony Bruno to talk about my game.....stuff like that.
It just seems that while they definately improved franchise mode, that it didn't "get the love" the hype had led us to believe.

AGain I'll say, I'm online at midnite to by the game, playing to 4 AM or later with a bottle of wine by my side and thoroughly enjoying the amazing graphics and improved gameplay. Just want the bells and whistles too.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
1. Now to be honest, I don't read every tweet for follow ever release, but if what I read is true then I am not to worried about franchise. If it turns out like last several franchise modes, then I am right there with you.

2. Saying you are disappointed in something that you haven't tried and is literally months from release sounds a bit ridiculous
Ok, to #1 we'll both have to wait and see just how much they did.
#2...ridiculous???? So I should wait and see and play the mode first before commenting...even though they are pretty much TELLING US what's in it already. My statement is most logical. "I'm disappointed in what they ARE TELLING US is NOT in franchise mode". How is that ridiculous? Am I supposed to wait to see if they didn't tell me the truth? That things that they said are not in the mode may actually be there when I open the package??? Or perhaps stuff that IS promised, may not be there?????
Can't one comment on the information that they gave us?
I'm sure I'll enjoy playing overall.....I'm also sure that based on what they told us WONT BE IN THE MODE I'm disappointed after all the hype about "all the love" franchise mode was getting.

Simply put, I'm disappointed that they don't include old gen franchise stuff ALONG with the nice improvements they did make. That despite the fact that it will play well, and have improvments in scouting etc, that the IMMERSIVE quality will be the same as it's been the last few year. I fail to see how those points are "ridiculous".

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
What's wrong with what he said? That stuff should be in the game by now and you guys just make fun of him and dierespect him for telling the truth. I bet you guys would think this was good if EA made it right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2NnnzhJ6nA

Ok...someone understands me....Yay....

Old 06-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBull7
All of that stuff was in last gen Madden it brings a great deal of fun to the Franchise to have soo much stuff to do in it. I agree with you all of these Additions would make franchise mode better, But I like what they are going with this year. I think they biggest problem in the franchise mode it nothing to capture yourself in yet I hope this is the year I can final go through season without being board out of my mind by week 7 I think Madden 12 franchise mode is going to be great this year!! I'm excited!!

Hope you are right...and I pledge to start a thread praising the mode if you are...I will gush and everything.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
This is the downside to releasing information several months before the release of a game; it gives people way too much time to dissect every blog, article and video and then, instead of focusing on the positives, they look at what isn't there and complain.

I think we should all be happy that EA/Tiburon has finally listened to guys like us that post on websites dedicated to sports gaming and are doing a lot of things to beef up Franchise Mode.

Fair points....I mean I play franchise mode every day NOW....In fact I usually have 2-3 going at the same time. I'm sure it will be better and I will enjoy that...but the other stuff will be missed by me...and apparently at least some others.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
Yea im disappointed with Franchise too, mainly because training camp, workouts, and the combine is not playable. For the most part the off-season will consist of pressing the A button right through most it, then on to the next season, and do it all over again. Ill be impressed when we get a real off-season in Franchise mode.

I hear you on the A button...(x for me). I'll do what they give me but right now it's not much. I'll sign guys, make a trade, draft but It just feels monotonous...I want to feel like i"m there....I want interaction.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Count me in as one who hated the radio show. I am glad that is gone.

See...here's the problem. YOu could just shut if off if you didn't want it....I unfortunately can't turn it on. How do you like when they leave out things you want because other didn't want it? They could add it and the people who don't like it can shut it off. Come on, lets think of others here dude. So many features can be like this....Autosprint for example. I shut it off because I dont' want, but that doesn't mean someone else shouldn't be able to use it, dig?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »