Home

What makes franchise mode immersive for you?

This is a discussion on What makes franchise mode immersive for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Already somewhat disappointed in Franchise mode for M12

You know after the all the hype, I'm already disappointed in franchise mode for this year (M12). It will significantly improve in a FEW areas...and these are great improvements, but so many little, easy, but immersive things continue to be left out.
1. Training camp,
2. newspaper articles,
3. radio talk show,
4. college all star game,
5. emails from players,
6. scouting report on players for next game, position by position,
7. The ability to build a new stadium without relocating.
8. a draft that sounds like you are in the draft room (like old gen with crowd booing or cheering.
9. Mel Kyper or some other draft analysis
10. A hall of fame you can visit (you know some player makes the hall in 2017 and you can go in and see his plaque or bust or lifetime stats or something.

What's particularly annoying about all this is that I'm pretty sure that this was all available in prior iterations of the game, mostly old gen. For the life of me, I can't see why most of this can't be put in. The stuff they did is way harder and I appreciate it greatly but most of these little things seem so easy...why leave them out? It's almost as if they consciously don't put it in....like there's an attitude that "well not many people really want this anyway" or "lets hold things out so we can add them a little at a time each year" or some other mindset.

Now I want to be clear, I'm not bashing Madden. Own M11 play every night and enjoy it greatly. I'm excited about M12 and will be on line at midnight for the first time since 08. But it's so disappinting that this little stuff can't be added.....

And yes, I've said this all before.....just frustrated I guess....and anal of course.....and unable to let things go.....and.......

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Already somewhat disappointed in Franchise mode for M12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
You know after the all the hype, I'm already disappointed in franchise mode for this year (M12). It will significantly improve in a FEW areas...and these are great improvements, but so many little, easy, but immersive things continue to be left out.
1. Training camp,
2. newspaper articles,
3. radio talk show,
5. emails from players,
8. a draft that sounds like you are in the draft room (like old gen with crowd booing or cheering.
10. A hall of fame you can visit (you know some player makes the hall in 2017 and you can go in and see his plaque or bust or lifetime stats or something.

What's particularly annoying about all this is that I'm pretty sure that this was all available in prior iterations of the game, mostly old gen. For the life of me, I can't see why most of this can't be put in. The stuff they did is way harder and I appreciate it greatly but most of these little things seem so easy...why leave them out? It's almost as if they consciously don't put it in....like there's an attitude that "well not many people really want this anyway" or "lets hold things out so we can add them a little at a time each year" or some other mindset.

Now I want to be clear, I'm not bashing Madden. Own M11 play every night and enjoy it greatly. I'm excited about M12 and will be on line at midnight for the first time since 08. But it's so disappinting that this little stuff can't be added.....

And yes, I've said this all before.....just frustrated I guess....and anal of course.....and unable to let things go.....and.......
None of those things would make me enjoy franchise mode. The only thing would be the Senior Bowl. Anything else is just fluff that after a couple of weeks nobody will listen to or care about.

Franchise mode should be about running the franchise activities in terms of players drafted, developed or trades and free agents.

That is what makes franchise fun, the ability to create a team from bad to great and maintain it.

People talk about how great the 2K halftime show was with Berman. I loved it the first couple of times. After that I skipped through it because it got boring and stale after a while. Gameplay and franchise mode are what drives interest
Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Isn't this the same post or similar in this thread? Post #103?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-mode-11.html
Old 06-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
None of those things would make me enjoy franchise mode. The only thing would be the Senior Bowl. Anything else is just fluff that after a couple of weeks nobody will listen to or care about.

Franchise mode should be about running the franchise activities in terms of players drafted, developed or trades and free agents.

That is what makes franchise fun, the ability to create a team from bad to great and maintain it.

People talk about how great the 2K halftime show was with Berman. I loved it the first couple of times. After that I skipped through it because it got boring and stale after a while. Gameplay and franchise mode are what drives interest

I just think the immersive stuff helps alot...just like presentation helps gameplay to be more enjoyable.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't think very many of those are "easy" or they'd be there already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Right -- you've said all of this before. In a recent thread that you created no less...

I know you're disappointed, but many of us are thrilled with the love franchise is getting. It's hard to justify disappointment with franchise mode considering all of th enhancements, although some features are carry-overs from the previous gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
People talk about how great the 2K halftime show was with Berman. I loved it the first couple of times. After that I skipped through it because it got boring and stale after a while.
The irony of people frowning on Madden for not having a Berman-like pre/postgame and halftime show is that most sports games today don't have that depth that 2K5 had (and probably for the reason you mentioned, most people skip it).

NBA2K11 doesn't have a virtual Charles Barkley doing halftime. They simply have a nice montage of highlights with a very quality voice-over. What does FIFA, NHL, or The Show have for wrap up shows? I reckon to say they're all pretty similar these days as far as having a voice over and fancy highlights. But someone can prove me wrong as I don't own those games.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
1. Training camp,
2. newspaper articles,
3. radio talk show,
5. emails from players,

Interesting, because most of what you ask for is, in my opinion, fluff. Most of those things add zero playable value. The sound during the draft? So let me get this straight, you'd rather have newspaper articles, emails from players, and a different sound track played during the draft. And you'd rather have those things than:

1: Preseason that matters.
2: Deeper scouting.
3: Player traits that make the players more life-like and less robotic.
4: Hot and cold streaks and dynamic ratings that simulate the variable nature of the NFL.
5: Teams that analyze their roster and adjust their play schemes accordingly.
6: A more intense free agency.

I am perplexed how getting an email from a player trumps something like player traits, or a preseason that counts. How does the sound during the draft trump a scouting process that makes the draft itself better?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

The only things I am disappointed in Franchises
1. Limited to 10 picks per draft.
2. No mock drafts
3. No Emails

I could deal with 3. and even 2, but for some reason 1 really was a bummer to me. I thought it would be in since there is expanded rosters. But, I will have to make trades into future draft picks alot

Last edited by illwill10; 06-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »