Home

Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase rate?

This is a discussion on Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase rate? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
True but meters allow for more fine tuning using sliders
I'd want them to use a concept they can easily adjust with tuners and what not. Tying this into it's slider would recommended. It would cancel out those who use turbo controllers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase r

yeah, button promted mini games are the answer.......horrible idea. Madden is so fast paced you would just be lost in the shuffle of pushing buttons while the QB throws all over the field.

Fight for the fumble was button mashing mini game....how did that work out?

All they need to do is have the DE take realistic angles. If they did that, it would seal the edges most of the time and force people to step up in the pocket. If a QB dropped back too far, the DE would be able to get after the QB as the O-linemen would eventually run the DE right into a QB that drops back more than 10 or so yards.

this vid shows the Panthers DEs in a typical pass rush. Notice the RE sets the edge on his side, but the LE gets handled. Thats the main reason Josh Freeman is able to escape the pocket(other than being a beast...lol). If the LE didnt get beat badly, and executed just like the RE, Freeman wouldnt have had anywhere to go. Also notice the angle the RE has. If Freeman continued to drop back, LT Penn would eventually release the DE right into Freeman. Most O-linemen count on their QBs to step up in the pocket so theyll push the speed rush out around the QB. If QBs were to drop back rediculous amounts, their linemen would be pushing the speed rush right into them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-s93EC2jXA

If the DEs played like this in Madden, QB rollouts wouldnt be as effective and the DEs would be breathing down QBs throats if they dropped back more than 10 or so yards.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
yeah, button promted mini games are the answer.......horrible idea. Madden is so fast paced you would just be lost in the shuffle of pushing buttons
Isn't football a fast paced game? I played high school football, scored 4 touchdowns in 1 game, and it was fast paced. The NFL can only be faster. I think faster chaos is very sim since that's what the NFL is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Isn't football a fast paced game? I played high school football, scored 4 touchdowns in 1 game, and it was fast paced. The NFL can only be faster. I think faster chaos is very sim since that's what the NFL is.
You have approximately 3 seconds in the NFL as a QB to get the snap, read the defense and throw the ball (to a WR, or away) before you are sacked. They need to make a 6th option for speed called "NFL".
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Please, no meters or mini games. Timing the appropriate moves will suffice.

We're trying to move forward. Meters shouldn't be in any sports game at this point. I wanted to celebrate when NBA 2K got rid of them for freethrows. Madden needs to do the same with FGs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #22
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

I would like to see them include a similar throwing meter in Madden, so that QB's don't throw the ball all over the field... you would tap square or circle to start aiming your throw left or right and then triangle to release... the throw would go wherever you wanted to , and it would be your responsiblity to throw to the reciever...

it could look like this

Spoiler

Last edited by ryan36; 06-20-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Please, no meters or mini games. Timing the appropriate moves will suffice.

We're trying to move forward. Meters shouldn't be in any sports game at this point. I wanted to celebrate when NBA 2K got rid of them for freethrows. Madden needs to do the same with FGs.
A lot of great games have meters; GOW III, CoD, Batman: AA, etc

Don't knock it until you try it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
A lot of great games have meters; GOW III, CoD, Batman: AA, etc

Don't knock it until you try it
That's true. You could also have a juke meter controlled by LT and RT to "charge your juke" like 2k5 did, as well as a jump meter so db's and wr's can make plays in the air on RB and LB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »