Home

Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase rate?

This is a discussion on Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase rate? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
That's true. You could also have a juke meter controlled by LT and RT to "charge your juke" like 2k5 did, as well as a jump meter so db's and wr's can make plays in the air on RB and LB
This would eliminate rocket catching since you can just charge your jump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Why can't they have a slider where DE(s) can collapse the pocket at an increase r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Incorrect. The Phalanx is much more sim.
What the hell does that mean ?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

To try to clarify my throw meter idea it would look like this

Spoiler
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #28
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
What the hell does that mean ?
I posted a picture of the Phalanx I'm talking about. Imagine the QB in the middle of that formation. "Phalanx pocket" should have an online petition
Old 06-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
A lot of great games have meters; GOW III, CoD, Batman: AA, etc

Don't knock it until you try it

they arent sports games!!!!

Its football, not shooters or story line driven games with mini games all over the place.

Each linemen already has a move set and you can use the R-stick or buttons to get around the linemen as it is. You just have to get the timing down if you want to be disruptive. No need to add a mini game for something thats already in the game. Just get better at it.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #30
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

ALSO to prevent user catch cheese, you could to like nba 2k used to do with free throws where you had to line up both sides of the pressure sensitive triggers...one was each hand.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #31
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
they arent sports games!!!!

Its football, not shooters or story line driven games with mini games all over the place.

Each linemen already has a move set and you can use the R-stick or buttons to get around the linemen as it is. You just have to get the timing down if you want to be disruptive. No need to add a mini game for something thats already in the game. Just get better at it.
Dude, we live in the day and age of innovation. EA and Madden always want to go above and beyond what is expected. They could break ground with this: mini games, in sports games. You'd please a lot of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
everytime the user drops 20 yards the wall collapses instantly..... that would cure this problem IMO
That's not necessary or realistic. What will cure the problem is the DEs taking their heads outt their collective a**es and taking the b-line to the QB when they actually have one.

In all of the vids, I've seen QB's dropping back 20 yards and the DE has a b-line to the QB but keeps struggling against the OT.

The defensive AI is the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »