Home

I am not falling into trap again -- RENTING Madden 12 at first

This is a discussion on I am not falling into trap again -- RENTING Madden 12 at first within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am not falling into trap again -- RENTING Madden 12 at first

Nearly unplayable? I played the first three games of a Falcons franchise and had a blast (though winning all three helped). Nonetheless, I'll be getting a copy from Gamefly.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its going to be like every new version of Madden.
Over hyped, and yet someone will find something they dislike and pick it apart.

I don't know that we'll ever have a complete product, too many people refer to 2k5 as the gold standard, and that game was littered with issues...however, it had a good physics and blocking engine.

It looks like they've put a lot of work towards development, so lets just hope.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I do. More people should IMO.

Agreed. If more people rented it first, we would have a lot less complaining on forums like this, and not only that, EA might actually see a scary sales drop, scary enough to make them put serious effort into the series, instead of riding the wallets of NFL/video game fans who have no other options.

Quote:
Nearly unplayable? I played the first three games of a Falcons franchise and had a blast (though winning all three helped).
Yes, Madden 11 was so awful it is nearly unplayable. I won't go into detail, otherwise I might write a book in here.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Agreed. If more people rented it first, we would have a lot less complaining on forums like this, and not only that, EA might actually see a scary sales drop, scary enough to make them put serious effort into the series, instead of riding the wallets of NFL/video game fans who have no other options.

Yes, Madden 11 was so awful it is nearly unplayable. I won't go into detail, otherwise I might write a book in here.
I rather enjoyed Madden 11. I wonder what made it so unplayable for you? If you found Madden 11 that bad, I don't recommend Madden 12.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
Banned

I'll be playing for mine at the end of the week (: as well as NCAA. Regardless I love football and will play these series this year. Especially with a stupid lockout it gives me more motivation to buy it.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I buy Madden regardless for my NFL fix. If I dislike it or an aspect of it I go to message boards and intelligiently and thoughtfully offer my opinion. However I haven't regretted purchasing Madden since 08 so I have no problem buying it again this year. You can't deny that Madden 10 and 11 was playable and a lot of fun if you let it be. Don't really get hung up on every issue and let it ruin my experience. Too many people jump on the Madden hate bandwagon because its the popular opinion right now and its "in".
Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I rather enjoyed Madden 11. I wonder what made it so unplayable for you? If you found Madden 11 that bad, I don't recommend Madden 12.
Oh it was a bad game. I've never felt so sickened to play Madden in my life until that game. The graphics were good, but they didn't care about the gameplay.

You make a game that the 3-4 doesn't work, flats aren't covered, crossing routes are 100%, OL doesn't block well, not double teams in pass coverage, no pocket, bad computer play calling, bad CPU free agency and draft, a stale franchise mode (still sad to here CPU on CPU trades isn't built it), bad catching animations, terrible fumble recovery logic, bad injury logic, awful player rating expression, All-Madden was a complete crock with 60 OVR WR breaking my LBs over the middle, breaking 3 tackles on an average play, no matter who had the ball superstar, or scrub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16
I'll be there at midnight to buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
It looks to me like they put serious effort into it this year. A main reason that I will be there on release day. Might even buy multiple copies to spite the people still complaining about it taking however many years to "put old features back in" and refusing to buy it in again

Last edited by bichettehappens; 06-21-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »