Home

Madden 12 grass needs work

This is a discussion on Madden 12 grass needs work within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 12 grass needs work

Just as long as the field ( the grass ones) show wear and tear, I'm good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #26
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree with the OP. It's been like this in Madden for a while. The grass in the Madden 12 vid you posted looks all blotchy when compared to the real life video. This I could live with, simply because they just hadn't taken the time to really focus on the graphics of the grass from the gameplay view. But what really sticks out to me is the fact that the Georgia Dome does not have multi-colored turf. Seems like that should be something they had right with all the time spent detailing each stadium. They can have the banners and everything correct in the stadium but not the correct grass color?? Odd.

I have not really had much of an issue with the grass in Madden and it certainly isn't the end of the world, but it does look like an area they should look into in the near future.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #27
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

I can't disagree Outkizast as long as it remains low on their priority list. Madden 11 was another small step forward, I am hoping Madden 12 is a giant leap forward for the franchise.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
So, because you're the only one using dev terminology, I wouldnt understand what it is you are saying?

Whatever, the point of the thread is the grass and how unrealistic it looks, its cartoony looking and doesnt add that wow factor like it should in a sports game. The look and characteristics of the football field play a more vital role than you think. Certain players get 'turf toe' while others get stingers or whatever you call them when playing on real grass.

It all adds to the immersion, just like when people get all giddy over the way the characters look in fighting or shooting games. You cant have carpet in a boxing ring as the mat or it look close to carpet. Same concepts apply here regardless what words get used.
What do turf toe or stingers have to do with anything? You can get turf toe crossing the street. You can get a stinger in any number of ways on any surface.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Ha ha.....I knew I wasn't the only detail nut out there......yes this bugs me a bit......

Another thing like this that Im not quite sure which problem it is with Madden is either.....

the size of the field being too small...or

the arrows next to the numbers being too large...they shouldn't extend past the 3 yard mark...tip should barely touch it

heres some comparisons

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Nevermind, looking at M12 videos and pictures, grass looks pretty fine to me.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 06-21-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #31
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I have to agree with the OP because the grass has been a turnoff in Madden for a while. It started with Madden 09, because in Madden 08 each field had its own unique look. When looking at grass fields some looked different for instance Jacksonville had a rich deep green look, but Chicago and Pittsburgh had a staler look. There where differences with the turf fields too. Even in NCAA 12 the fields look a little bit different. Even though some of the grass fields in that game look very similar. But this all started with Madden 09 and people just want their fields to look like what they see on Sunday with their own team.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 33

Grass is major issue for me.

Why are there black and brown blades of grass?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »