Home

Madden 12 grass needs work

This is a discussion on Madden 12 grass needs work within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #49

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 12 grass needs work

While I agree the grass looks like it's water colored, I think they have done a good job this year of establishing what looks to be better player/field depth. They are on the right track. It just needs to look a little more natural and less saturated.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I see what you mean, there is a difference, and it's needs to be changed, but it doesn't remind me of arcade when I'm playing.

I'm more focused on the players, the stadium, the atmosphere, than the grass.

To each their own, though, hope it get's done, might be a bit too late for 12.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 7

The grass has never looked right in madden this year or last year or 10 years ago. Those screens from madden 06 are not better. That is suppose to be grass and it looks like green carpet in a mini golf course.

The issue is not the grass. Is the color pallet that Madden uses which is to inky.

It is not a big deal if you set your tv up right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
While I agree the grass looks like it's water colored, I think they have done a good job this year of establishing what looks to be better player/field depth. They are on the right track. It just needs to look a little more natural and less saturated.
Thats actually a great way to describe it. I knew it looked like something, but couldn't put my finger on it. It looks almost water colored.-Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
The grass has never looked right in madden this year or last year or 10 years ago. Those screens from madden 06 are not better. That is suppose to be grass and it looks like green carpet in a mini golf course.

The issue is not the grass. Is the color pallet that Madden uses which is to inky.

It is not a big deal if you set your tv up right.
Set my TV up for one game? This might work a tiny bit if there was a video screen adjustment in game. Still, its going to make other things look odd IMO.

Actually, I did have a TV setting once that washed out the colors in Madden 11 a bit. It wasn't great, but it does help the water color type look of Madden 11.-forgot about that experiment.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Thats actually a great way to describe it. I knew it looked like something, but couldn't put my finger on it. It looks almost water colored.-Thank you!

Set my TV up for one game? This might work a tiny bit if there was a video screen adjustment in game. Still, its going to make other things look odd IMO.
Well the way I have my plasma set up, all games look fantastic but Madden due to the lush color pallet is always lagging behind. So I have some settings just for Madden that makes the field lose the patchy greens.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #54
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Well the way I have my plasma set up, all games look fantastic but Madden due to the lush color pallet is always lagging behind. So I have some settings just for Madden that makes the field lose the patchy greens.

If you have your TV calibrated properly, it should never be changed. There is only one "right" setting for HDTV and that's Rec 709. Anything else is not correct.

If your TV is calibrated properly and MAdden looks wrong, then Madden is wrong, not your TV.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #55
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Never understand why people jump all over any thread or post that points out an issue with the game, when it is done in a respectful manner. I don't think it is a huge deal, concerning the grass, but if it is for the OP, which I don't think he is saying, but I could be wrong, but even if it is, why isn't he entitled to have his own opinion of what is important to him.

I could care less about face masks or hand towels or what ever, but you have never, and will never, see me go into a thread about those topics and try and get them to stop talking about what is important to them.

Everyone is different. If 30 different types of hand towels being in the game floats someone's boat, I might think it's silly, but I keep that to myself, because I'm not the authority on what should be important to everyone else.

If the OP was saying you suck EA or something, I could understand, but he is bringing up an issue that HE thinks is an issue, giving comparisons, and saying that he thinks the game would be better if they took his suggestion. What's the issue? What are people so afraid of?

SMH at a community that wants to censor any opinion, even if done in a mature fashion, if it isn't their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #56
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
For the record, the way the grass looks doesn't bother me at all. It is exactly how I expected it to look. My point was that EA lead off madden 12 info with screens proudly displaying 3d grass as if it was a major improvement. Yet here we are discussing how "the grass needs work".
To be fair, people are (primarily) discussing the color of the grass, not the 3D effect of it. Two different things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »