Home

Question about "My Skill"

This is a discussion on Question about "My Skill" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Question about "My Skill"

I really love the idea of "My Skill", and I enjoyed using it at first. Is it a bug that once you get to a certain point in passing, whenever you throw, your QB usually over throws, underthrows, or leads your WR by 5-10 yrds? I only use the Chargers, so River's accuracy is supposed to be pretty good. I find this disappointing because it makes offense impossible if a simple throw to a wide open Gates will be no where near him. I now use custom sliders, but I was wondering if this happens to anyone else, and if there is a way to fix this. It kind of seems like a lazy way out to me since rather than making the AI better, it just makes your passing inaccurate by 5-10yrds. I've grown a love for Madden since the NFL License was bought out, and I still play a game daily, but this question has been bugging me for a while so I decided to finally make an account on here. I love the defense and running game "my skill", but the passing seems to, at a certain point, just make every pass inaccurate no matter what you do.

If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated

I can't wait for Madden 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Question about "My Skill"

I used to use "My Skill" I got tired of the fluctuating difficulty. I essentially found my comfort zone and just did custom settings. One game, I'd crush the CPU. The next, I'd get my face melted. I got sick of the back and forth.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I used to use "My Skill" I got tired of the fluctuating difficulty. I essentially found my comfort zone and just did custom settings. One game, I'd crush the CPU. The next, I'd get my face melted. I got sick of the back and forth.
This is why I think they still need to make a My Skill 2.0, but it would require a better SIM engine and a few calculations beforehand.

At the moment sim stats are worked out depending on overall (IIRC, flame on if I'm wrong), which gives the illusion of authentic stats while still not always accounting for individual idiosyncrasies.

Now, if they made the SIM engine robust, what could happen is the computer could run so many simulations beforehand and produce a "baseline" of what you are expected to do against your opponent (this is something you wouldn't see, BTW) - if you deviated too far one way or tother in key categories, the system would adjust your sliders accordingly.

This would stop the problem of getting punished for blasting a bad team, or rewarded for losing against someone you should. Base it around average statistics (completion percentages, yards per carry, etc) rather than total ones to allow you to conduct your own gameplan and voila. Also create a relatively generous "dead zone" around each stat so sliders wouldn't jump all over the place on the slightest differences.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I felt the same way. I feel like this could be easily fixed by only making minor changes game to game. That way, overtime you'd lock in right around the correct difficulty.
Boston Celtics

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »