Home

Ratings and Roster announcement "near future"

This is a discussion on Ratings and Roster announcement "near future" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Ratings and Roster announcement "near future"

When are they actually due for release?

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #66
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
When are they actually due for release?
This is what I would like to know too
Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnthug
You can't be serious?! Calvin Johnson is not a elite player? Have you watched him play at all? He is the only weapon Detroit has. Roddy White plays with Tony Gonzalez, Micheal Turner, Matt Ryan (ALL PRO BOWLERS BTW!) and a solid defense. You think Roddy White could carry Detroit? If Roddy White played in Detroit I bet nobody would know who Roddy White was! Watching that playoff game against Green Bay last year I barely remember who Roddy White was.
Well than you didn't watch Roddy the rest of the year.

Also, how is CJ carrying the Lions? When was the last time they made the playoffs.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #68
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Well than you didn't watch Roddy the rest of the year.

Also, how is CJ carrying the Lions? When was the last time they made the playoffs.
You just made my point. CJ doesn't have the supporting cast to make the playoffs. White does. Tell me honestly, is Roddy White the primary weapon of the Falcons or is it Michael Turner? From what I remember of the Falcons last year (Besides Green Bay running threw Atlanta like General Sherman in 1864) is that team ran the ball to get 8 men in the box the passed it to Gonzo or White. CJ does not have that benefit. BTW when comparing the two WRs you have to take what White did his 1st 4 years not White's best from his 6 years. CJ has DOUBLE the touchdowns and 500+ more yards.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #69
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Except that all Donny said was that there would be exciting ratings announcements (which could reasonably include the release of the full ratings for each team), this forum/thread is the one that's hyped it into more than it could possibly be, not 'their Madden hype'.
IMO, outside of announcing new ratings, there's nothing exciting about announcing ratings. I don't think the thread hyped anything up. By using the word "exciting", it seems like he did all the hyping.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #70
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
IMO, outside of announcing new ratings, there's nothing exciting about announcing ratings. I don't think the thread hyped anything up. By using the word "exciting", it seems like he did all the hyping.
And I think to the person who's job it is to manage this stuff, releasing what he's been working on all spring is most definitely exciting. The 'exciting ratings announcements' could easily be 'tune in Monday for the AFC West, Tuesday for the NFC West, Thursday for...' etc.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnthug
You just made my point. CJ doesn't have the supporting cast to make the playoffs. White does. Tell me honestly, is Roddy White the primary weapon of the Falcons or is it Michael Turner? From what I remember of the Falcons last year (Besides Green Bay running threw Atlanta like General Sherman in 1864) is that team ran the ball to get 8 men in the box the passed it to Gonzo or White. CJ does not have that benefit. BTW when comparing the two WRs you have to take what White did his 1st 4 years not White's best from his 6 years. CJ has DOUBLE the touchdowns and 500+ more yards.
Roddy White is absolutely the primary weapon for the Falcons. Michael Turner hasn't been our number one weapon since 2008. Also, we don't compare White's first four years. We are just talking about who is better right now and I don't see what Roddy's first two years has to do with that considering he is like 30 now. Of course CJ was better than White early on. White was a complete bust until Joe Horn came in and taught Roddy how to be a pro. I'm just saying that Roddy is better right now. CJ might even end up having the better career, but he hasn't done anything to be considered elite just yet.

You guys might also be surprised to find out that I am a big CJ fan. I am a Georgia native and was a HUGE fan of him during his GA tech days. I wanted ATL to take him, but when he went to the Lions he still became instantly one of my favorite players. However, I am a realist. We could all argue that with a better cast he would be winning superbowls and getting 2000 yards or whatever..... but he doesn't have that cast and he isn't getting those numbers. It doesn't matter what could be, it only matters what is. That is just the way I look at things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #72
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Calvin > Roddy.

White had a lot more balls thrown his way so he caught more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »