Home

Will this years game have Penalties?

This is a discussion on Will this years game have Penalties? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #17
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Will this years game have Penalties?

Many of us have watched a ton of games and I have yet to see a penalty. Is it safe to say they didn't bother with this again this year? So tired of hearing the next year line from EA.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think they are afraid to add more time to the games. Mine last 1hr and 15 minutes as it is.

Of course, if they had a save game feature, that's for another thread.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #19
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think they are afraid to add more time to the games. Mine last 1hr and 15 minutes as it is.

Of course, if they had a save game feature, that's for another thread.

That is a good point. My games are played on 12 minute quarters with a 15 second runoff and I play on average one hour easy per game. Now I do get some penelties. The problem is it is always either clipping, holding or a false start, or a face mask. I think in Madden 11 I saw 2 Defensive PI calls and one Offensive PI call in well over 50 games played. Maybe one roughing the passer and one roughing the kicker.

For me it is just variety. I want to see variety and a tad more frequency with lower ranked teams who lack discipline and awareness as a factor to have flags thrown.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Since the DB/WR interaction is fuzzy, a better way to install a sim like penalty system would to make coaching matter, from the HC down to the Special teams coach (LB coach, WR coach etc etc) and have their discipline rating, and football IQ rating play a role in how often you would see an illegal shift occur on offensive, or 12 men on the field when you do a package sub to a nickel or dime on 3rd down, or Illegal man down field on a screen.

Also the younger the player the lower the awareness rating the more likely they would commit a critical penalty.

YOu could even create a development game ala NBA2K11 and have weekly practices and development points to focus on the entire team or a particular group (OL, DL, LB, WR DB) to focus on limiting penalties if your team is struggling. And your coaches ratings will play a big part in your teams development off the field and it could enhance the new DPP system even further. You can earn development points by hitting various types of performance goals throughout the season. And you can assign practices and weekly prep ala the other game from yesteryear.

There are ways to put a random dice roll type of system in place along with making franchise even deeper between games.

Problem is then you would have the online and tourney players outraged.

Here is a solution to that probable pickle.

Create a sim penalty setting for us hardcore sim players and sin online leagues and have a Default option for those who want it to remain the way it is now.

It can be done. Hopefully this can be part of the Madden 13 wishlist if indeed we have the same issue with penalties in Madden 12.

Things are going in a great direction and I hope they continue to build upon Madden 12's franchise enhancements.
I like how you add franchise building strategy into the overall mix with this idea.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I'd like more on Intentional Grounding (getting hit throwing it 2 yards to no WR or RB around)
That is something that popped up with this last Madden. They need to bring back just getting sacked rather than throwing it 2 yards ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I'd like more on Intentional Grounding (getting hit throwing it 2 yards to no WR or RB around)

This is my biggest issue with no flags being thrown. I vehemently despise that I cannot sack Peyton Manning (or any high awareness QB) because he immediately throws it directly into the ground in front of him right before I get there...but no penalty.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #23
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

why they donīt make penalites as realistic as IRL?

what happened to the "true to the game" true t... give me a break!

give me penalites, and be REALLY true to the game.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #24
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Part of the problem is how the players themselves act and react. For example, I get so sick of my slanting WR running right into the LBs. He should know better, you have to move! That's not PI when the LB has established himself and isn't even moving.

I think adding intentional grounding would solve a LOT of issues with sacks and would-be sacks. NCAA solved it for me in another way: I was getting picked off by the d-line. In Madden, I knew I could get a throw away, and avoid a sack. At worst, it would fall to the ground and no problem. In NCAA? I would more often than not get picked off.

That being said, intentional grounding would really solve the issues of these non-sacks. That, or make the QB fumble it more when trying to throw during a sack (unless you're Big Ben).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »