Home

I hope EA addressed this problem from Madden 11

This is a discussion on I hope EA addressed this problem from Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I hope EA addressed this problem from Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
why should i go after a top WR knowing all i need is a WR with decent SPD & AGI???
Because that's not true. The Catch ratings play a huge role in the game for receivers, CIT most of all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #66
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
even though i totally agree with you,
i cant let it slide

why should someone who plays every game in franchise care to go after a top lineman if he knows he can get the same play out of a run of the mill lineman???

why should i go after a top WR knowing all i need is a WR with decent SPD & AGI???

there is no reason to if you play each game. ratings are for simming games.
is EA trying to tell me that Franchise mode was made to be simmed???
For starters, traits will add a factor. Do you want a blazing fast WR who drops open passes, or doesn't drag his feet to stay in bounds?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggerSwagger
not a fan of versuz i see
Great, so the guy shows once again that one time a lower rated guy beats a bigger stronger guy... Wow how impressive. Run that test 40 times and let me know the actual results instead of cherry picking your videos. The guys ... I won't even go there... What a joke.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Because that's not true. The Catch ratings play a huge role in the game for receivers, CIT most of all.
Its true
Its damn TRUE

I have tested this using various sliders.
My 67 CTH receiver catches the ball just as well as my 89 CTH receiver.
Route Running doesnt even matter. As longs as he has the speed and ACC he beats his man everytime. I can take Louis Murphy or Bernard Berrian and make them the top WR every year in franchise if i choose to.

I've even tested CIT on different sliders and still saw no real difference. DHBey still could go over the middle like he was Andre Johnson. He could catch passes in double coverage and even in a crowd like he Mr God Hands.

I did these things because after seeing various youtubes about "ratings dont matter" i had to test some for myself.
ANd what I found led me to my conclusion, RATINGS ARE FOR SIMMING GAMES. That is it. Whatever team has the higher rated players and higher rated coach will win. But if i play the game,it doesnt matter.....ONLY SPEED
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
For starters, traits will add a factor. Do you want a blazing fast WR who drops open passes, or doesn't drag his feet to stay in bounds?
For starters, we hope traits will add a a factor...we hope.

How many times has a new feature been put in the game only to not work properly.

Honestly, i feel that these "traits" have always been in the game, they were just hidden. The same way they are giving us full control over ratings, they are just letting us see the traits. Traits have been in game for years. I cant believe people are acting like this is new. Like we werent playing Madden on PS2 and seeing "clutch player" "big receiver" "game manager" etc

hell, madden 09 had us looking at a screen full of weapon icons. DO people not remember this gimmick???

Jeez, and what did so many people do,
they turned the damn weapons off.

Now they bring weapons back with a new name(DPP) and a new way to present them. Instead seeing a big weapon icon you see it when you pause the game.

We hope DPP changes things,,,we hope.

The same way Gameplans were to change things last year but the updates/patches ruined it..or how they out of the box Gameplans were all unusable.

WE HOPE
Old 06-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Its true
Its damn TRUE
I don't know what more to tell you but that you are wrong, simple as that. I've seen it with my own eyes, I've been playing a Cards franchise well into it's 7th season now and I can tell you that it's a huge difference whether you're throwing to Fitzgerald or some crap backup WR who may even have better speed than Fitz. Fitz comes up with the ball almost every time when he has a chance to catch it, while the other WR won't. You often see it as well when receivers are hit directly after the catch, the ratings have a huge impact on whether the ball will be knocked loose or not.

As soon as you got a defender close to your receiver when a ball is caught, CIT comes into play, if you can't notice that, then something's seriously wrong with your WR Catch slider.

Last edited by TheDelta; 06-28-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #71
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
For starters, we hope traits will add a a factor...we hope.

How many times has a new feature been put in the game only to not work properly.

Honestly, i feel that these "traits" have always been in the game, they were just hidden. The same way they are giving us full control over ratings, they are just letting us see the traits. Traits have been in game for years. I cant believe people are acting like this is new. Like we werent playing Madden on PS2 and seeing "clutch player" "big receiver" "game manager" etc

hell, madden 09 had us looking at a screen full of weapon icons. DO people not remember this gimmick???

Jeez, and what did so many people do,
they turned the damn weapons off.

Now they bring weapons back with a new name(DPP) and a new way to present them. Instead seeing a big weapon icon you see it when you pause the game.

We hope DPP changes things,,,we hope.

The same way Gameplans were to change things last year but the updates/patches ruined it..or how they out of the box Gameplans were all unusable.

WE HOPE
We don't need conspiracy theories. Weapons simply bumped up ratings exponentially. Think of traits as new ratings. Instead of a 50 - 100 scale, they're on/off, or tiered. If it's simply math, and I'm sure it is, it should work. And nitpicking, but you're referring to "roles" during PS2. Those have been brought back, and I think it's a welcomed return. You've exemplified that you're not really familiar with the changes being made, having confused roles and traits. Perhaps it'd be best if you took more time in reading about the changes before criticism?

Catch rating has been something I'm conscious of. I've been bitten by WRs who drop passes, or cannot catch a pass in traffic. I certainly will agree that catching rating matters. It's going to matter more when the catch is more difficult, but it matters. I'm the kind of QB that squeezes passes into tight windows, and sometimes my WRs take a hit just after the catch. The better WRs hold onto that catch (that's the catch or CIT rating in play, NOT whether or not they fumble) and my 4th WR will drop that pass.

Last edited by Broncos86; 06-28-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
We don't need conspiracy theories. Weapons simply bumped up ratings exponentially. Think of traits as new ratings. Instead of a 50 - 100 scale, they're on/off, or tiered. If it's simply math, and I'm sure it is, it should work. And nitpicking, but you're referring to "roles" during PS2. Those have been brought back, and I think it's a welcomed return. You've exemplified that you're not really familiar with the changes being made, having confused roles and traits. Perhaps it'd be best if you took more time in reading about the changes before criticism?

Catch rating has been something I'm conscious of. I've been bitten by WRs who drop passes, or cannot catch a pass in traffic. I certainly will agree that catching rating matters. It's going to matter more when the catch is more difficult, but it matters. I'm the kind of QB that squeezes passes into tight windows, and sometimes my WRs take a hit just after the catch. The better WRs hold onto that catch (that's the catch or CIT rating in play, NOT whether or not they fumble) and my 4th WR will drop that pass.
Traits/Roles
either way..... we HOPE they work properly. We HOPE they make the game better.

We have yet to get 2 patches deep and have the new feature broken like last year.

We HOPE.

And fine, CTH matters. Jus point me in the direction of these CTH matters sliders PLEASE. I want to see a difference. I no longer want to play the game in ignorance. PLZ Madden brethren, i beg of thee. Blessith upon thee such holy sliders.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »