Home

Why is 'cheating' taboo?

This is a discussion on Why is 'cheating' taboo? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #17
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Why is 'cheating' taboo?

either way, we don't allow personal attacks. we're not going to start threads with or without video evidence. It won't happen.

Yes it's EA's issue to not program correctly, and make the play now online games useless. If that's the problem don't play those games.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
either way, we don't allow personal attacks. we're not going to start threads with or without video evidence. It won't happen.

Yes it's EA's issue to not program correctly, and make the play now online games useless. If that's the problem don't play those games.
Thats easy for you to say, it happens in the lobbies aswell and with video proof with the names of the players meeting up in the matchup screen, then how can that possibly go wrong?

Wrong is wrong and right is right, and you guys ban people over lesser offenses, so with that being said, how hard could it be to regulate a thread like that?

Joe vs John, John tapes the whole game and shows everyone in the thread the glitches Joe used against him in the video. If Joe gets out of line and wants to put up a fight while there is concrete evidence there, then ban him from the thread or the site.

Everything cant be out on EA's shoulders all the time, just look at how the myleaguemanager site worked out. Thats evidence of the gamer(s) taking things into his own hands when the devs fell a little short with the features.

But hey, this is your site and i was just gauging and idea.

All is good...
Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25

Freestyle play is NOT glitching. Big difference. The best tournament style players DON'T glitch. 2 completely different things. Just because a person doesn't play the way us sim makers play doesn't mean they glitch.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Here's why.

Spoiler

Have we played? Maybe. Did you beat me? Maybe. Are you a cheeser? Maybe. Did I nano your mom after you nano'd me? Maybe.

...Point being none of it's provable. IGN is more than happy to have your lists, man... probably the EA forums too. People here want it too it's the prevention of that crap talking that makes the forums enjoyable.
This why it's not allowed on the EA Forums as well. It's always turns into a he said this and the other guy says that. Neither guy has proof and the thread turns into a flamewar.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #21
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
This why it's not allowed on the EA Forums as well. It's always turns into a he said this and the other guy says that. Neither guy has proof and the thread turns into a flamewar.
Here's a thought, why do you care? Let the people judge for themselves. What is going to happen if you don't stop it? Nothing. No one gets hurt, no ones life is ruined. If they don't swear, then it isn't up to you to judge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Freestyle play is NOT glitching. Big difference. The best tournament style players DON'T glitch. 2 completely different things. Just because a person doesn't play the way us sim makers play doesn't mean they glitch.

I disagree, for the simple fact most of us in here have watched Madden Nation when it use to air on TV and how embarrassing it was to sit there and watch these guys play madden, it sure wasnt football.

All of the MC winners won by glitching, it was who can out glitch who with the same teams against eachother which was more than likely the cowboys or eagles until playmaker was introduced. But since you made this comment, I would love to see some form of video of these "so called top tourney SIM ballers" you speak of.

Whats so sad is that most of the "gamechanger" guys and reputable members here dont even play online pub room games or play now for that matter. Hmmmm... Wonder why that is???

Which brings me to another question...

Whats the point of even requesting features to tame the cheating if people cant seem to come together to figure a better way of handling this on our end? I say, dont post if you dont have proof!

break that rule and its fishing time for you, but if not then its all good, I know its an hotly debated topic and its one that people shouldnt ignore anymore.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Here's a thought, why do you care? Let the people judge for themselves. What is going to happen if you don't stop it? Nothing. No one gets hurt, no ones life is ruined. If they don't swear, then it isn't up to you to judge.
You know what, I never understood why forums are so sensitive to topics as if we all know eachother personally and would take and run with it like some Pac and Biggie beef?

But you make a great point, the forums for the cheaters dont care until a Sim player comes into the mix in protest of there style of play and yet, we're here for the greater good of the online community and yet, we get stuffed in the cage while the freestyle players run free and run the tables.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I disagree, for the simple fact most of us in here have watched Madden Nation when it use to air on TV and how embarrassing it was to sit there and watch these guys play madden, it sure wasnt football.

All of the MC winners won by glitching, it was who can out glitch who with the same teams against eachother which was more than likely the cowboys or eagles until playmaker was introduced. But since you made this comment, I would love to see some form of video of these "so called top tourney SIM ballers" you speak of.

Whats so sad is that most of the "gamechanger" guys and reputable members here dont even play online pub room games or play now for that matter. Hmmmm... Wonder why that is???

Which brings me to another question...

Whats the point of even requesting features to tame the cheating if people cant seem to come together to figure a better way of handling this on our end? I say, dont post if you dont have proof!

break that rule and its fishing time for you, but if not then its all good, I know its an hotly debated topic and its one that people shouldnt ignore anymore.
I will say the same thing I said when you posted this exact same thread on EA Forums.. what you consider "cheating" and what other people consider cheating may be 2 different things... 80% of the list you posted as "glitches" are not glitches, they can easily be stopped with the correct technique.

As far as your other insinuation, (I work a full time 40-60 hours a week) job as a professional at a major car manufacturer. I have a wife and kid (with another on the way), and I am busy as sh1t trying to get leagueManager ready for Madden 12.

Funny how I played several guys off of the Madden Bus and they are pretty sim (Coach Ruckus, Shopmaster), and also both of the MaddenBible guys (Gibs, Farley) only play tournament style when their opponent does lol. Well there are 4 top ranked guys for you.

As a matter of fact, here is some more background on the subject:

http://myleaguemanager.net/index.cfm...Debate-Settled

Mods, feel free to remove the above.link if you feel it somehow violates the TOS, I posted it because I feel it is relevant to the conversation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »