Home

Getting Banned from the ea forums

This is a discussion on Getting Banned from the ea forums within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #17
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Getting Banned from the ea forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Look at the way it is set out. You are telling me that those 'awards' are not misleading the consumer? Give me a break.
Never said they won multiple awards. Like it was said in the video, they clearly labeled the tags with Nominee in them. They did win one award, and even if you all don't like the place it came from that doesn't mean it instantly doesn't count. I guarantee they would have preferred somewhere a little more prestigious, but that doesn't mean that a company is just going to skip over commendations like that. Fifa won most of those awards though.

But in all seriousness, how many companies won't advertise in a manner like this? Consumers are pretty much always "mislead", especially in the video game industry. How many games that were critically panned still manage to pull out phrases for their games that make them sound good in the commercials? But all the sudden its "**** EA's marketing" because of this? People just want to find anything to complain about with Madden no matter what lengths imo.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #18
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Never said they won multiple awards. Like it was said in the video, they clearly labeled the tags with Nominee in them. They did win one award, and even if you all don't like the place it came from that doesn't mean it instantly doesn't count. I guarantee they would have preferred somewhere a little more prestigious, but that doesn't mean that a company is just going to skip over commendations like that. Fifa won most of those awards though.

But in all seriousness, how many companies won't advertise in a manner like this? Consumers are pretty much always "mislead", especially in the video game industry. How many games that were critically panned still manage to pull out phrases for their games that make them sound good in the commercials? But all the sudden its "**** EA's marketing" because of this? People just want to find anything to complain about with Madden no matter what lengths imo.
it is true that it does say nominee, though i think the intention behind the ad was to make people think that E3 gave them the award, not the random website.

People complain about ea because as the guy points out, making a great game isn't a concern for them. Hype is their No.1 concern.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow that video is so true. EA trying to rep best sports game from that "website"? Wouldn't be surprised if EA made that site prior to E3 just so they'd have something to claim after.

ON the note of banning tho. HEre isn't much better. If you argue a negative point about madden you'll be banned and the person with the positive view will not be.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #20
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
Wow that video is so true. EA trying to rep best sports game from that "website"? Wouldn't be surprised if EA made that site prior to E3 just so they'd have something to claim after.

ON the note of banning tho. HEre isn't much better. If you argue a negative point about madden you'll be banned and the person with the positive view will not be.
Does ea have some affiliation with OS?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
OS cares a lot less than ea about ea.
UH OK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
. If you argue a negative point about madden you'll be banned and the person with the positive view will not be.
This is just simply not true
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
I agree, and the mods don't care if i have an opinion that is critical of ea.
Dude, the video you posted was sim standard propaganda. Which TSS clearly has an agenda that has nothing to do with Madden. They are huge fan boys of the other company.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #24
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
This is just simply not true

It isn't as black and white as Tecmo is making it out to be, but I wouldn't say that it is unequivocally false either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »