Home

Improved interaction in the trenchs.

This is a discussion on Improved interaction in the trenchs. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Improved interaction in the trenchs.

A thread was brought up about the pocket in madden not being realistic, but what really needs fixing is the animation and AI between the offense and defensive line. I've read there are improvements in regards to no suction and improved AI (I'll have to see it for myself when I play the game) I want to give kudos to the team for trying and at least moving in the right direction.

The next Big thing is to improve on the old 2005 animation of the interaction between the OL and the DL. First off the angles for the DL is almost non-existent. Too often the DL engages the OL head on and especially for the DEs, instead of trying to get around the OT, the DE might take a wide angle but once they engage the DE is shown going head on with the OT. For those of us that love to watch football, we know that most DEs try to get around the OT and avoid trying to go head on with the bigger OT. Especially when trying to get up field, but in madden it is non-existent, you will not find the OT pushing the DE out wide or beyond the QB. Instead they will be engaged head to head at the line of scrimmage.
The madden team needs to improve the OL and DL animation as well as the AI to bring madden to the next level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Improved interaction in the trenchs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPEFan
A thread was brought up about the pocket in madden not being realistic, but what really needs fixing is the animation and AI between the offense and defensive line. I've read there are improvements in regards to no suction and improved AI (I'll have to see it for myself when I play the game) I want to give kudos to the team for trying and at least moving in the right direction.

The next Big thing is to improve on the old 2005 animation of the interaction between the OL and the DL. First off the angles for the DL is almost non-existent. Too often the DL engages the OL head on and especially for the DEs, instead of trying to get around the OT, the DE might take a wide angle but once they engage the DE is shown going head on with the OT. For those of us that love to watch football, we know that most DEs try to get around the OT and avoid trying to go head on with the bigger OT. Especially when trying to get up field, but in madden it is non-existent, you will not find the OT pushing the DE out wide or beyond the QB. Instead they will be engaged head to head at the line of scrimmage.
The madden team needs to improve the OL and DL animation as well as the AI to bring madden to the next level.
That is a result of the strength ratings being useless, and players not playing to their strengths.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Would be good if they incorporated that. A player like Dwight Freeney is most likely to spin move or use his speed to go around the tackle. If that wasnt working, he would then try a bullrush or move to the inside.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I think this could be improved by the offensive line having a "phalanx" rating, and then a meter based pass rush for user DL's
Old 06-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Improve interaction in the trenchs won't happen this gen.(Madden15-17 are when next gen starts.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Improve interaction in the trenchs won't happen this gen.(Madden15-17 are when next gen starts.)
Why do you say that?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy

I honestly think this will be the big upgrade and fix for 13.. Its catching too much steam to be ignored..
Old 06-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I honestly think this will be the big upgrade and fix for 13.. Its catching too much steam to be ignored..
There's ignoring it, and then there's being able to do something about it. I just wonder what the current tech allows, and what kind of undertaking would be involved to truly fix this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »