Home

The reason Ian and company left EA

This is a discussion on The reason Ian and company left EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
The reason Ian and company left EA

so before u read any further, this is purely speculation on my part. i waited nearly a month after e3 to do enough studying and gather the info i felt would back up my idea as to why Ian, Phil, and Jeremy left EA.

I dont think anyone would question the fact that NCAA 11 was a better game than Madden 11 last year. NCAA had waaay better graphics, the locomotion system was alot more noticeable than in madden, the commentary altho old was alot better than madden 11. dynasty yes had its issues just like the franchise mode in madden but was way deeper. in ncaa we had full replays when we scored, they werent cut off at 40 yards. the ncaa team took the time to patch in dirty uni's, something the madden dev team didnt bother doing. ncaa had tuning packs. oh and how bout the fact the madden team didnt care enough to patch the God aweful same intro between the two quarterbacks every freaking game you play! gameflow was a great idea...but was broken. the overall gameplay and everything else was better than madden 11.

now a year later. what does madden 12 bring to the table? well...alot. there have been alot of improvements made to various aspects of the game. they added some old features to franchise mode, and some new tht will make that fresh no matter how many years deep you get. they added the 32 team custom intros. tons of diff camera angles. but after that...nothing else is diff than the improvements to ncaa 12. not to mention that instead of fixing gameflow, they just add the option to choose pass or run from ur gameflow. well sh**, i misewell just pick the play from the play book. that kind of defeats the purpose of what gameflow is supposed to do!!

This year they both add 3d grass. madden says they have a better presentation package. but other than angles i havent seen it. ncaa still has better presentation. they both removed suction, both added the new collision system and zone defense being beefed up.

but then u look at what madden 12 is adding that ncaa 11 had.

progressive lighting, full instant replays, dirty uni's, and linear lighting.

then you look at what ncaa 12 has that madden 12 does not.

hdr lighting, espn packages along with gametrack and quarter break highlights, custom formations, teambuiler, ERIN ANDREWS...a sideline reporter is a huge plus for a football game. oh and another year with the 3/4 arm sleeves that madden just felt like didnt need to be in the game for a 2nd year in a row. even tho nfl players wear them!

i really feel like madden 12 is just ncaa 11 with a few tweaks. they didnt improve gameplay any different than ncaa which was already better.

and then the commentary. yes ncaa commentary is old. but its on point. and fits. i hear cris collinsworth say the same thing every game about everything. and gus johnson. who yes is tight. has been implemented the wrong way. he is excited over a 2 yard gain. watching gameplay videos. the qb hands off the running back then gets tackled. at which then gus says , and he hands off to the back and he is brought down that the 44 yard line.

maddens commentary is behind. there is over excitement on everything. there are deadspots. and its very repetative.

wouldnt you be disgusted if all that was being added were features from something your younger brother had last year, and still didnt even add them all! isnt it suppose to be the other way around. NCAA 12 is going to be better than madden 12 because altho they added some cool things to spice up the game ( camera angles and franchise mode additions) it just isnt enough to compete with ncaa 12.

ncaa 12 looks gorgeous. and going from that to madden 12 will be a let down in the visuals. and gameplay department. and even with all the things added to madden to try and take peoples focus away from the fact they are now behind the ncaa team. i still believe the true football fans out there will notice and end up being let down, just like every year.

and that is why they left. they werent happy getting shown up every year.

i will still be buying madden 12 because of franchise mode improvements and that is where i spend 95% of my time. but i know after 3 games i will be frustrated at the trade logic, the graphics, the commentary, and the gameplay that is behind ncaa 12.

your thoughts??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: The reason Ian and company left EA

Speculation leads to name calling, dev bashing, bannings, and locked threads.

Rather than go through all that, just gonna close this now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »