Home

Maybe this helps us out little bit too much.......

This is a discussion on Maybe this helps us out little bit too much....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Icon3 Maybe this helps us out little bit too much.......

Pretty straight foward, you know when you're picking your play on defense they show the offensive personel? Ex: 1HB 4WR .....

According to my example above, that is an obvious passing play (shotgun form or single back 4Wide). That automatically lets us know to pick a pass stopping play. Maybe we should be able to pick our plays without knowing the opposing personel to allow us to make our own mistakes as it is in real life. This has been around for a long time though but it's had me wondering. I'd say more than half the games played will be more competitive on a lower skill level if this was done.

The reason I hate all-madden vs the cpu is because they have some very very unlikely outcomes occuring in order to favor them. Its time for a realistically challenging game and I believe that this can be step one. who's with me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Maybe this helps us out little bit too much.......

That would defeat coming out in a 4 WR spread and then running a draw play. My goal is to get the defense in a dime package.

In the NFL, teams are watching who comes into the huddle of an offense to get an idea as to who to sub. This is partially why offenses can't have more than 11 guys in the huddle. (imagine putting 16 guys in the huddle, then 5 of them bolt to the sideline. Defenses would never know which 11 would stay).

There's strategy involved when I pick a spread formation. Does the defense honor it on 3rd and 3? Do they gamble with a run-stop? Maybe I can spread the defense out and run the ball.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
Pretty straight foward, you know when you're picking your play on defense they show the offensive personel? Ex: 1HB 4WR .....

According to my example above, that is an obvious passing play (shotgun form or single back 4Wide). That automatically lets us know to pick a pass stopping play. Maybe we should be able to pick our plays without knowing the opposing personel to allow us to make our own mistakes as it is in real life. This has been around for a long time though but it's had me wondering. I'd say more than half the games played will be more competitive on a lower skill level if this was done.

The reason I hate all-madden vs the cpu is because they have some very very unlikely outcomes occuring in order to favor them. Its time for a realistically challenging game and I believe that this can be step one. who's with me?

There are no mistakes in real life or not knowing. They actually see who is in the huddle or who is coming on or off the field and match up accordingly.

You can not play the game by guessing what personnel the offense will use.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

It's just like in real life. The defensive coordinator and anybody else up in the booth can see who is coming onto the field and who is leaving for the other team.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Even in HS football they have coaches on headsets telling the coaches on the field when there are personnel changes (example subbing in an extra TE for a WR)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
As said above, knowing personnel is realistic. The game has this right.

One thing that is off is in Gameplanning there is an option to set up defenses vs Trips formations. Well there is no way for the defense to know when a team will run trips, so how can they call that defensive play in the huddle?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Wow, I totally didn't think about that guys. The co-ordinators are watching in a booth.... Thank you for bringing that up. So an even better idea would be to have like a voice telling us their personel because we are in control of the plays like the coach. Lets make use of having them with the headsets... This should be optional though, not permanent. Enough bashing now LOL, you guys just helped me realize this. Thank you.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've only read the OP, but I think everyone's in agreement here. I like some of your ideas but madden has this spot on. Now if only they wouldn't tell us it was wildcat....

What it should say is

QB 1 HB 2 FB 1 TE 2 WR 1 (Wildcat)

i.e. this is the personnel for this teams wildcat formation, but its not necessarily the wildcat formation. That's literally the only thing I'd change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »