Home

Roster Update

This is a discussion on Roster Update within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roster Update

I was thinking of this a while back, because each year that a new iteration of Madden has come out (recently anyway) the game is nearly identical to the previous version with some tiny addition (like gameflow). How many of you would support them taking a year off to develop the next iteration over a dev cycle of 2 years as opposed to one, and release a DLC roster update for like $10-15 dollars for the previous version?

I know I would go for that as they could get a lot more done with the game and would still make quite a bit of margin for a roster update at $10-15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Roster Update

I think this is a gross misunderstanding for recent Madden iterations. That being said, the dev team could solve the issue by allowing roster downloads via lockers like the NCAA franchise allows. There are still communities that create rosters for older Madden versions, too.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I think this is a gross misunderstanding for recent Madden iterations. That being said, the dev team could solve the issue by allowing roster downloads via lockers like the NCAA franchise allows. There are still communities that create rosters for older Madden versions, too.
I realize this, but I would like to see the dev team have more time to fix more than 1 or 2 things.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
How about this: those who ask for this all the time, buy the game every 2 years. It's the same thing.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Banned

we are for it.. but they will lose money in doing it.. SO IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pierre88; 06-28-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
How about this: those who ask for this all the time, buy the game every 2 years. It's the same thing.
Because it bothers me the way they release a game that feels extremely similar for $60 every year. It was just an idea, no need to get all upset over it (not you personally, just in general).
Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre88
why are for it.. but they will lose money in doing it.. SO IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!
Also why "IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!"...the contract with the NFL stipulates that a game be released each year.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobforacreebree
Because it bothers me the way they release a game that feels extremely similar for $60 every year. It was just an idea, no need to get all upset over it (not you personally, just in general).
So don't buy it every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Also why "IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!"...the contract with the NFL stipulates that a game be released each year.
This intrigues me. Can you show me the link to this info so I can see it? I'd love to read through it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »