Home

When does the cpu get "a boost"...?

This is a discussion on When does the cpu get "a boost"...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
When does the cpu get "a boost"...?

I'm aware that in rivalry games the cpu gets a boost. I thought I heard, read, experienced that the home team does. In my 32 team chise where I play every game one week i'm the home team and the other week the away team. I always have a better record as the home team. Is there a boost there or just coincidence?
Are there other times the cpu gets a boost? Playoffs? Superbowl? Do player roles boost overall team performance (or will they?)?

I've always wondered about this...anyone?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: When does the cpu get "a boost"...?

Sometimes, I think you analyze this game a bit too much ...
Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I think they do but I think it is completely random. There are some games where you fumble alot, drop open passes, the cpu qb goes 21-22, etc.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I think they do but I think it is completely random. There are some games where you fumble alot, drop open passes, the cpu qb goes 21-22, etc.

i noticed that also.
like a randomness to it.
But folks complain about it when it does happen at random then htye complain that it doesnt happen at random.
When i have a game where my RB who never fumbles,starts to fumble its okay with me because i know in real life players have off days. So i figure thats EA's way of making sure you have some off days. Same when i line up a kick perfectly but for some reason the field goal is missed.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
i noticed that also.
like a randomness to it.
But folks complain about it when it does happen at random then htye complain that it doesnt happen at random.
When i have a game where my RB who never fumbles,starts to fumble its okay with me because i know in real life players have off days. So i figure thats EA's way of making sure you have some off days. Same when i line up a kick perfectly but for some reason the field goal is missed.
I don't mind it at all. When it starts to happen I just know I am in for a tough game and I have to play a little better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Sometimes, I think you analyze this game a bit too much ...

I'm anal...what can I tell you....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

DPP should fix this. Now only certain players will tear you apart instead of their entire team being "boosted" to give you a tougher game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »