Home

Online vs. Offline Importance

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline Importance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where will you spend your money if Online Franchise remains unchanged again?
I'll buy Madden anyway. 69 66.99%
I'll skip Madden and Play NCAA only. 13 12.62%
I'll buy both because that's what I'm programmed to do. 14 13.59%
I'll skip football games entirely this year. 7 6.80%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Online vs. Offline Importance

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
For me personally, Offline franchise is so immersive I don't even need Online franchise. Doing my own thing and building up my team into a contender and eventual Super Bowl champion is the #1 reason why I buy Madden year in and year out.
This. This.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I voted buy Madden anyways BUT I'm buying both. Didn't use that answer as the "programmed to buy it" isn't why I buy.
I buy because I want to. If I see things I don't like I don't buy. This year they both meet my approval so I'm buying both.
Yeah me too, but I chose not to vote at all because, because putting "programmed to buy it", invalids the poll completely. What I infer from the poll is that the OP is saying "agree with me that Online is super important or you are a mindless drone."

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Biased poll choices are biased. I don't play sports games online at all. So if it's untouched and I buy both, I'm not "programmed" to do so, I just like the offline modes of both games.

The whole "EA is a government conspiracy mind control place" is really getting old.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i mainly play offline franchise i tried online last yr but i hated that u had sit around and wait for the other ppl to play there game before u move on i could see if its head to head making u wait? but if its not for awhile i think u should be able to play the season until u have a head to head match.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

As I explained before....

1) If the offline game isnt up to par, the online game wont be either.

and

2) In terms of franchise mode, there are MANY MANY MANY MANY more people that play offline than online. And no, it has nothing to do with people not like playing online....it has to do MAINLY with one major factor...TIME.

When you play offline, the franchise revolves around you. You can start a franchise an play 5 games, and if you cant play for a week or 2, its no big deal. Thats not the case with an online chise, and often why they fall apart...because people either lose interest or get too busy, and if a few people drop out of an online chise, it often spells doom for the whole league.

DONT GET ME WRONG, Ive seen some online chises that are run well with committed people, and thats probably amazingly fun...but they are few and far between, and if we are talking about the masses, most of which dont have the time (or often desire) to commit that kind of time to an online chise...its easy to see why offline chise IS and SHOULD REMAIN the primary focus.

I do hope they upgrade the online chise for those who enjoy it so much, but offline chise takes major priority over online chise.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 13

Yeah.. the wording of this poll is a little too biased for me, so I'm not going to bother voting on it. It's also a little bit unclear what each option actually means. If the topic is actually about online vs offline importance, then I my vote is entirely on the offline side, since I do not care about online.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

That's my bad on the wording, I was simply trying to be funny. After reading your comments though I realize that the wording is conveying an opinion I didn't really intend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I play both online and offline franchises. If online hasn't improved I'm going to be disappointed. However, I love the improvements that I've seen from offline franchises so that's enough to overcome by disappointment and cause me to fork over $$$ again this year. Although, I still have my fingers crossed in hopes that we get a full online franchise experience.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »