Home

Online vs. Offline Importance

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline Importance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where will you spend your money if Online Franchise remains unchanged again?
I'll buy Madden anyway. 69 66.99%
I'll skip Madden and Play NCAA only. 13 12.62%
I'll buy both because that's what I'm programmed to do. 14 13.59%
I'll skip football games entirely this year. 7 6.80%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #17
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Online vs. Offline Importance

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon19000
Biased poll choices are biased. I don't play sports games online at all. So if it's untouched and I buy both, I'm not "programmed" to do so, I just like the offline modes of both games.

The whole "EA is a government conspiracy mind control place" is really getting old.
All of this.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

the only reason i go online with a sports game is for roster updates, i will never play online in any sports game

strictly offline franchise gaming

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

This will be the 2nd year I won't buy Madden while still buying NCAA. Online Franchise/Dynasty games provide the most realistic experience and it's the future of sports gaming. While I would still enjoy the offline franchise the experience isn't even close imo. I still laugh at the fact that EA calls it an Online Franchise since it's not an actual franchise without salary cap, contracts, etc. EA still focuses on adding stupid gimmicks each year that the vast majority of gamers could care less about instead of fixing the more important aspects of the game. NCAA is a much better game to me than Madden.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #20
Rookie

For people who just play offline I dont know how they do it. Its to easy. Playing other people is the only way to play and get better. If they just wouldnt make it suck it would be cool. But neither will be that good until the people screaming for adjustable socks shut up.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #21
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrodgers012
For people who just play offline I dont know how they do it. Its to easy. Playing other people is the only way to play and get better. If they just wouldnt make it suck it would be cool. But neither will be that good until the people screaming for adjustable socks shut up.

one simple reason for me is the cheating ppl care way to much about an online record that gets reset every yr,so they pull out every cheat they can think of to win...and what sucks is even if they do certain cheats like quiting or the offsides one neither of u get the W or L on there record. so basically u are wasting an hr of u time just to get nothing, thats why i play offline atleast u can complete a whole game without worrying about what the guys gonna do to cheat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren123
Nope. I'll play online and offline either way, I just hope the game is good enough to keep my attention longer than it did this year.
its true i usually play 30 franchises for every Madden offline anyway

but i do like having offline franchises with my buddies usually 2-4 of us will control a team on a soingle console and take turns making trades , depth chart moves , editing their gameplan or audibles etc.

amnd it was cool because we could see each othe rbuild a Offense or Defense and we knew we would have to trade and fix parts of our Holes on our D or Offense to make sure we are ready

the rules were we had to be in the same division AFC West , NFC North etc.

so it made you have to trade what you had and sacrifice certain things to make sure your not overwhelmed but at the same time everyone wants Offense on their team so it makes it hard

but i do wish they made the Online more fun that way thats ALL i played

i hope the Player Developmnent works well and does swing momentum in the playsoffs or help your team go on a 3 game win streak or a 4 game skidd and then comeback to get in the playsoffs like the chargers

the Eli Manning vs the Eagles Defense looked Great i hope it works like that consistently though
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
one simple reason for me is the cheating ppl care way to much about an online record that gets reset every yr,so they pull out every cheat they can think of to win...and what sucks is even if they do certain cheats like quiting or the offsides one neither of u get the W or L on there record. so basically u are wasting an hr of u time just to get nothing, thats why i play offline atleast u can complete a whole game without worrying about what the guys gonna do to cheat.
If you play in an online franchise you can control the people in your league and the "cheating." If your playing ranked matches then you should be smart and enough to know youre playing the best of the best. expect to play people who have all the tricks.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

It's hard for me to concern myself with franchise mode, on or offline until the gameplay is up to par. If it were, online would be secondary to me. I don't remember ever playing a game online, but that might be because I haven't played much at all this gen. I definitely haven't started a franchis this gen.

But an online franchise has potential. If ever Madden's gameplay gets to the level I expect, I'd play the hell out of an OS league. And I'd be pissed if the online franchise mode didn't match the offline, and vice versa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »