Home

whats the fun in and offline feanchise? just asking

This is a discussion on whats the fun in and offline feanchise? just asking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
whats the fun in and offline feanchise? just asking

.i dont get it why its so fun to put up 60 on the cpu. mabe i am bias cause i play online franchise but i have played offline before and its just no competition i like playing with i bunch of people because the super bowl actually means something if you win. either you just suck at madden or you have no friends online. lol but really you would have to suck because i dont see the reason behind beating the cpu over and over again and please dont tell me all madden is hard because i no better then that now ncaa is hard on heisman against the cpu. just want your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: whats the fun in and offline feanchise? just asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh2
.i dont get it why its so fun to put up 60 on the cpu. mabe i am bias cause i play online franchise but i have played offline before and its just no competition i like playing with i bunch of people because the super bowl actually means something if you win. either you just suck at madden or you have no friends online. lol but really you would have to suck because i dont see the reason behind beating the cpu over and over again and please dont tell me all madden is hard because i no better then that now ncaa is hard on heisman against the cpu. just want your thoughts.
Um here's what I do to make it fun (this goes for the NBA 2k series as well for me):
1. Choose a middle-of-the-pack team (dolphins, jets etc)
2. Play on all-madden
3. Build up from there (make trades, free agency, stuff like that)
4. Have fun
Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Ok, you're a Madden God. We bow to you.

I'm 43 and alot of my friends don't play online either, or at all. With good sliders, I have some challenging games even on All Pro. I don't think I suck, but I guess I'm not as great as you are, oh Mighty One.

I just play to pass the time. Offline to me is fine, as I don't have to deal with cheesers and kids like you. Ok?

With that said, lock coming in 3.....2.......1......

Last edited by Segagendude; 07-04-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Maybe because all of my friends have an Xbox and I'd rather play a computer than people I don't know.

You know, you can adjust the difficulty of the game so that you don't score 60 on the cpu.

Some people also don't like all the cheesing and stuff that occurs online.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Ok, you're a Madden God. We bow to you.

I'm 43 and alot of my friends don't play online either, or at all.

I just play to pass the time. Offline to me is fine, as I don't have to deal with cheesers and kids like you. Ok?

With that said, lock coming in 3.....2.......1......
Online is certainly very fun, but when half the ppl quit 5 games in b/c their 1-4 at that point sucks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh2
It's not fun to just whoop the CPU unless your team really is just that much better. I sort of like to make my own story and guide my team to the superbowl (very rare as I make sure the difficulty is well... difficult). But when I do win a superbowl, I feel very accomplished. In fact out of all of my time playing offline Franchise (since 2002) I have only won a superbowl twice and a NCAA championship twice. It is fun to build your team and see where things go. As a Falcons fan I always wonder if Ryan will be the next Manning or if the Falcons will ever actually win a superbowl. Madden helps me play that out and sort of visit the future.... even if it is a false future.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I mainly find offline franchise fun because I don't have to wait on other people play. Plus I don't have to worry about people cheating or cheesing me in online franchise mode aswell. Overall I've always found offline franchise mode fun.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
It's not fun to just whoop the CPU unless your team really is just that much better. I sort of like to make my own story and guide my team to the superbowl (very rare as I make sure the difficulty is well... difficult). But when I do win a superbowl, I feel very accomplished. In fact out of all of my time playing offline Franchise (since 2002) I have only won a superbowl twice and a NCAA championship twice. It is fun to build your team and see where things go. As a Falcons fan I always wonder if Ryan will be the next Manning or if the Falcons will ever actually win a superbowl. Madden helps me play that out and sort of visit the future.... even if it is a false future.

Just like me. Playing as Cleveland, I've yet to reach the Promised Land. I've been to the AFC Championship game once, where the Pats tore me up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »