Home

Should Backtrack Make a Return?

This is a discussion on Should Backtrack Make a Return? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Backtrack Make a Comeback?
Yes, but it needs its updates. 29 38.16%
Yes, even if it is like the video. 6 7.89%
No, I don't like the feature. 41 53.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Should Backtrack Make a Return?

Absolutely yes. This was a great feature of Madden 09. It was fine as a learning tool to show you what you did wrong and what you could have done instead (even if it was not always 100% accurate), but what really gave it pedigree was the way it supported Madden's presentation. I loved hearing Collinsworth break down a play in slow motion and give his insight. You see this kind of stuff ALL the time in NFL broadcasts. Variety and dynamism are key however. Hearing the same comments being rehashed game after game is just boring - and actually pulls you out of the experience. But that is more of an issue with Madden's overall lousy commentary engine. Backtrack is a great telecast element and I would love to have it return as a part of Madden's new TV style presentation package.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

It was cool, but if you turned that ridiculous rewind/mulligan feature to 0 you never saw it.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Oh crap I mistook backtrack as the "EA Rewind" feature, so I accidently voted no...I thought the Backtrack was a great Idea and a Great addition, It just needs to be refined a bit..

If they made it better, than put it in Madden 13, I'd like to have that in the game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah, this was only supported with the rewind feature as they went hand in hand. Im not a fan of getting a "do-over" or mulligan when you have a bad play. Call it a learning tool if you like, but throwing an INT is a bigger learning tool than just redoing a play so its successful. It isnt anything close to real. If you make a mistake, you should have to battle it out on D and try to get the ball back and have a better drive.....not just act like a spoiled child and demand a redo.

My suggestion would be to have this in practice mode only if it did come back.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
Rookie

I see what your saying^ and I agree, however I'd love to see it in pre-season games in franchise mode.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #14
Pro

brza37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
yeah, this was only supported with the rewind feature as they went hand in hand. Im not a fan of getting a "do-over" or mulligan when you have a bad play. Call it a learning tool if you like, but throwing an INT is a bigger learning tool than just redoing a play so its successful. It isnt anything close to real. If you make a mistake, you should have to battle it out on D and try to get the ball back and have a better drive.....not just act like a spoiled child and demand a redo.

My suggestion would be to have this in practice mode only if it did come back.
I'd like to see Backtrack available without having Rewind enabled, that way it would also be usable for online franchises without having to worry about other owners using Rewind.
But if for some reason they couldn't enable Backtrack without Rewind how does that make a difference for offline franchises? If you think Rewind is cheap then just don't use it. No need to restrict it to practice or preseason.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 07-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I'd like to see Backtrack available without having Rewind enabled, that way it would also be usable for online franchises without having to worry about other owners using Rewind.
But if for some reason they couldn't enable Backtrack without Rewind how does that make a difference for offline franchises? If you think Rewind is cheap then just don't use it. No need to restrict it to practice or preseason.
I like what your saying.

To add to that: Just take out the rewind feature, finalize/edit it a bit, and stick it in 13 with all the adjustments made this year, and next year (hopefully they make some good adjustments)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

I kinda liked the backtrack feature.

It'd be nice to have the "CBS Chalkboard" used as a method, to add some presentation realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »