Home

Madden 12 'Foot-Planting'

This is a discussion on Madden 12 'Foot-Planting' within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 12 'Foot-Planting'

players skate...its all in the those videos made by EA with nfl players...

Old 07-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
players skate...
That's what we used to called it in the 90's and it makes sense if we talk about how players interact with the ground once their foot is "planted" but there would be those who would argue that his foot can't be planted if it moves once contact with the ground is made.

Regardless - Madden knows where player feet land. As evidenced by footprints in the snow. But the 'Skating' could use some work.

Either way, it's far from a game breaker...

Later
Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually the running animations in general are just plain awful. It's mind boggling how much they've regressed since madden 04 on ps2. Go watch some youtube clips of the old maddens and pay attention to how smooth everything looks. Not sure why they decided to program players to be robotic and skate around the field, but apparently they think that looks better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed. I dusted off madden 03 on ps2 this week, and it is amazing how much more fun and realistic the players interact with each other. I think the primary issues with the next gen games are the number of animations in the game. They keep adding more, but they dont realize that the game actually plays much better with less animations because the sense of speed and impact can be felt without long drawn out animation taking over each interaction.

Madden 03 has hits based on speed and angles. All the next gen Maddens sacrificed that for these canned animations.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have seen a few of the videos out there and the way the QB just slide and run around is crazy...EA should be ashamed of themselves for not having better running animations. I think they should drop all animations and make them user controlled the running animations are just horrible..............I could be wrong I was wrong one other time.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »