Home

Why does Madden keep changing?

This is a discussion on Why does Madden keep changing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Why does Madden keep changing?

The guy that said $'s nailed it. They keep changing the game so that we keep buying. They recycle features, calling them new and have been doing it for decades. It's business. I don't like it. Think it's a little shady, but it's business.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
They have lost their lead producer 2x during this product's development and are now on their 3rd in 6 years. You can't keep a project going successfully if it changes direction every 2-3 years.
And now each football game has a Director responsible for both titles. That wasn't in place before. Actually, they've really only had two lead producers because the new one comes from NCAA.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #19
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't understand why they took out create your own fan. How sweet was it to make a play, look to the cutscene of the stands and say, "yea, that's my guy."
Now that was the worst feature in history of madden, they took out create a coach to put in create a fan.. my god the logic in that.. btw we are stil waiting on create a coach. I wish we could and I wish we could edit the coaches, so it doesnt say NE coach for example. we can swap and change rosters we should be able to do the same with coaches. somtiems in a season a coach gets the axe we have no ability to change any of that.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
Now that was the worst feature in history of madden, they took out create a coach to put in create a fan.. my god the logic in that.. btw we are stil waiting on create a coach. I wish we could and I wish we could edit the coaches, so it doesnt say NE coach for example. we can swap and change rosters we should be able to do the same with coaches. somtiems in a season a coach gets the axe we have no ability to change any of that.
I agree.

I desperately want to be able to create coaches and edit existing ones.

At this point though, I guess it doesnt matter, seeing as how coaches in Madden have little to no impact on the game. I hired a crappy STs coach as my head coach one time and there was no difference at all.

Thats one thing that continues to peeve me. No doubt that players have more impact than coaches for the most part, but damn...I should be able to tell the difference between a Dick LeBeau/Dom Capers coached defense and a mediocre DC, both in terms of scheme and quality.

Ive made tons of suggestions that Im not going to riff off again right now....mainly because I know its pointless.

I like where Madden is heading in terms of franchise mode and presentation, but next year they really need to focus on two things IMO (among others, of course)...

1) Making coaches actually matter, and allow us to create/edit them.

2) Commentary

IMO, aside from gameplay (which will likely never be great on this gen), these are two of the top priorities IMO, because one is integral to an authentic franchise experience, and the other is integral for immersion into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »